CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

abs, bas, esp light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abs, bas, esp light on

i was driving on the pkwy, when i got three malfunctions....abs, bas, and esp. i was on the way to my friends house, and ex- benz tech so when i got there i had him look at it. he reset the computer and the lights went away. later on i left his house, i noticed my third brake light would not turn off. as soon as i got on the pkwy, the damn lights came back on. i called and told him, he said it could be the abs pump or the control module....big $$$. i just searched and im seeing that this seems to be a common problem. im reading that it could be a fuse, bad cats(mine are new btw), low battery, a jaw?(not sure if i read that right) or the more common stop light switch. now when i was reading everyones problems, nobody else seemed to have an issue with all the brake lights staying lit. so i just want to double check what is wrong. im really leaning towards the stop light switch since its a cheap part. thanks for the help.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55, C63
Originally Posted by dannymk2
i was driving on the pkwy, when i got three malfunctions....abs, bas, and esp. i was on the way to my friends house, and ex- benz tech so when i got there i had him look at it. he reset the computer and the lights went away. later on i left his house, i noticed my third brake light would not turn off. as soon as i got on the pkwy, the damn lights came back on. i called and told him, he said it could be the abs pump or the control module....big $$$. i just searched and im seeing that this seems to be a common problem. im reading that it could be a fuse, bad cats(mine are new btw), low battery, a jaw?(not sure if i read that right) or the more common stop light switch. now when i was reading everyones problems, nobody else seemed to have an issue with all the brake lights staying lit. so i just want to double check what is wrong. im really leaning towards the stop light switch since its a cheap part. thanks for the help.
take the 2 mins to swap out the switch and your problem should be solved.