CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Problem with CLK 320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes clk 320 2001
Problem with CLK 320

I have a merc clk 320 2001 plate. It had some rust around the wheel arches front and rear and around the boot lock. Under mercs warranty for corrosion and rust they sent my car to be repaired. they have replaced:

2 front wings cause they were corroded
boot lid sand blast and repair
left & right rear arch qtr sand blast and repair.

I was really happy when i received my car as it was like new now. But when i first tried to start it it wouldnt start. then i tried again 3/4 times and it started (it was a sluggish start)!

The lights came on telling me the lights need replacing. so i checked the lights and all were working except boot lid lights (fog lights and reverse lights). got some new bulbs and still didnt work!!! tested the bulbs and they are fine.

it drived perfect, i took it for 70miles drive.

came back turned the car off. started again 10 mins later and wouldnt start. same prob again.

I called the recovery team out to sort this prob out as i never had a prob with the car before it went out to the workshop. they said 'the bodywork guys have definately took the battery off and its flat but the battery is fine as its charging the alternator.'
so i disconnected the batt and charged it for 24hrs. plugged it back on started first time. went for a drive perfect but the esp abs lights were on. i did what it said in the forum to reset which resetted it. thanks:

Start the engine
Turn the wheel all the way to the left
Turn the wheel all the way to the right
Turn the wheel back to center position
Turn of the ignition, pull out key
Start the engine

Now the sisue still is starting problems. it does start on the 5/6th attempt, sluggish start and the boot lid reverse and fog lights are not working. But the number plate lights are on. can anyone help!!!! as im going to have a right go and mercedes tomo and the body shop