CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Update on trip to AMG/Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Update on trip to AMG/Stuttgart

Hi Guys,

Just had word back from our ‘rep’ that we will not be able to visit AMG until September at the earliest. AMG are having some extensive building work completed, expanding their facilities which means they will be out of bounds for us.

On another note, Celeste who was organising the trip is shortly going to start a family so wont be in a position to help us once the AMG plant re-opens. However, she is going to try and find us a replacement and a new contact for the trip and MB/AMG in general.

If people are interested in going later in the year, then I am sure we can arrange something. Maybe with more time we can plan something even better (track days?! )

Regards, Matt.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:40 PM

'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Timing IS everything isn't it!

oh, well ... we'll enjoy the trip when it finally comes around a little more now because of the anticipation that will build over the rest of this year.

Matthew, I know I speak for all of us when I say 'Thanks again' for all the effort you've put in to date.

We'll just have to look forward to the trip happening a little later on that's all.

Regards,
Old 01-16-2002, 11:48 AM

yo

Hey maff I was wondering how did u get a tour in bremen. Were u picking up a car?
Old 01-16-2002, 07:31 PM

Shahin, I get to go through Mercedes UK.
My first trip was via their 'life & style' magazine, however my latest (and next) trip was organised by a former Mercedes employee.