CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

430 tap shift issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
430 tap shift issues

Sometimes when I use the tap shift manually I go from a great response in first gear than try to shift into second, it usually skips second and goes into 3rd or even just D. This has been going on for some time now and although it doesn't bother me much, I am just wondering if this is a common problem with our cars. Please tell me how yours works and is there any way to calibrate or tune the shifter?

Thanks for any replies
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Gundo
Sometimes when I use the tap shift manually I go from a great response in first gear than try to shift into second, it usually skips second and goes into 3rd or even just D. This has been going on for some time now and although it doesn't bother me much, I am just wondering if this is a common problem with our cars. Please tell me how yours works and is there any way to calibrate or tune the shifter?

Thanks for any replies
Not normal.

Are you letting off the gas right after you shift? Do you have this problem when driving around in "D"?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
Originally Posted by Chappy
Not normal.

Are you letting off the gas right after you shift? Do you have this problem when driving around in "D"?
No the gas is down. If I'm lucky it will sometimes go into 2nd gear but usually straight from 1 to 3 or D. I have no problems driving in D, it shifts just fine that way. It seems to me that it needs to be calibrated somehow.