CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Eisenmann / Supersprint mix or delete resonator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 Cabrio
Eisenmann / Supersprint mix or delete resonator

Any of you folks out there running Supersprint resonator and Eisenmann rear section together? It's a 430 Cab. If so, Are there fitment issues and welding etc involved, or will they just bolt together?
I ask because where I live, we don't really have a muffler guy, (We got sand, Some lizards and heat), and am looking for an easier route than having to drive half a day and leave my car for a further day or two with the nearest maybe qualified guy.
Also please, Does anyone know of a place I can get the "resonator delete" pipe over the net? Seems everyone has local skilled places where they can just drive in and get them made. As I wrote above, I don't have that option.
Any help for this new guy appreciated.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Ah, in the states its pretty easy to find a muffler shop. Replacing the muffler with a straight pipe should be a super easy job for anyone in that business. You just weld in a pipe the same diameter of the rest of the system. I dunno if its worth buying a fancy resonator. If it was me, I'd just lose the resonator first and see how that is. If you like the eisenmann sound, you'll probably like the sound w/out the resonator. Weight savings too.