CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Kompressor Recirculation Flap Query?? (230k)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208 clk 230k
Kompressor Recirculation Flap Query?? (230k)

Hi Guys,

Looking for some info on the above. Was changing the airfilter the other day and when putting everything back togeather i decided the leave the pipe which connects to the recirculation flap on the airbox disconnected, was just curious to see if the flap was operating. I started the engine, and revved it from the engine bay. when the revs picked up the kompressor clutch kicked in and huge surge of air gushed out from the disconnected recirculation pipe, however, I noticed that the flap on the side of the airbox remained open . Am I right in thinking that this flap should close once the charger kicks in??? I think i only revved it up to 2k, would it be a case that the flap closes at a higher rev range?? I'm a bit concererned about this as i've read that if the recirc device should fail then this could damage the ECU.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Wayne
Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
It can stay open when the supercharge is on. The supercharger turns on first then the flap closes to obtain the desired boost level. This prevents premature wear to the supercharger clutch by reducing the load when it engages and gives a smoother transition to boost.

If you have good power then the recirc flap is working fine
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208 clk 230k
Originally Posted by Ausmbtech
It can stay open when the supercharge is on. The supercharger turns on first then the flap closes to obtain the desired boost level. This prevents premature wear to the supercharger clutch by reducing the load when it engages and gives a smoother transition to boost.

If you have good power then the recirc flap is working fine
cheers for that mate, the car doesnt feel like it is underpowered when driving so I guess its doping what its supposed to be doing. but have noticed that the car drives slightly quicker and more responsive sometimes, just a slight difference. I'm sure if this recirculation thingy was'nt working then I would notice a big loss in performance.