CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Painted front side marker lenses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Side Markers

Actually guys, I did some further research on this. By the standards set by the US Govt. agency that governs vehicle specifications ( I forgot their name), front and rear side signal lights are required by law. Some cars/trucks have a combo front or rear side signal. That is, the front/rear signal lens wraps around the side. In our case we have a front singnal in the head lamp housing and a side signal. In the rear, our tail light housing wraps around to the side.

However, I was also told that most law enforcement agencies do not enforce it if they cannot detect an infraction. That is, the marker lens being broken or the bulb is changed to blue or red or some other color other than yellow or white. So the bottom line is we are all taking a risk; however, if painted correctly, 9 times out of ten, the cops won't notice anyway. (Unless you **** them off and they do a vehicle inspection on your car right there on the spot)

Drive safely

Later !