CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brake rotor question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Brake rotor question

I have a specific brake question. The CLK 55 brake rotors use a direction brake venting system. My question is is that really inportant for the rotor on the AMG. Other companies the power slot, Brembo, and others have a standard vent, not directional.

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better or if directional venting is necessary?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by ematz
I have a specific brake question. The CLK 55 brake rotors use a direction brake venting system. My question is is that really inportant for the rotor on the AMG. Other companies the power slot, Brembo, and others have a standard vent, not directional.

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better or if directional venting is necessary?
I have the PowerSlot Slotted Rotors. The inner vents are actually directional. Some of the higher end brands/companies have them directional. It's always up to you to decide whichever ones you want to get. As far as performance, you should just stick to Brembo or PowerSlot. You won't regret it.