CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Tuning Questions

Hey guys im on here for my friend who has a CLK 430 and wants to modify it. I personally drive a Buick Grand National, and dont know a whole lot about mercedes. My question is what type of tuning software is available for these cars....my friend and I are going to build a turbo kit for it but without software for tuning it could be dangerous. Im looking for either a piggyback system such as a F.A.S.T. or standalone type system. Another question would be, can the stock ecm be used and where can i get the software for that. From what ive read this isnt done very often but i know i can do this a whole lot cheaper than what i have seen. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
i dont no of any piggyback systems but lost of people use chip i like renntech the best if u live by them becaues 4 the same price they will do any tune u want
Old 11-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You will have to go stand alone. Good luck, build me one too
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can find a way to tap the stock, Bosch computer, you could have your way with the car. If you read MarcusF's description of the computer system, you'll find that it would be anyone's dream to be able to take full control of it.

Per Marcus' write up:

Bosch Motronic ME 2.8 engine management system with integrated sequential multipoint fuel injection and phased dual plug ignition. This includes individual cylinder control of fuel spray, electronic throttle control, spark timing and phase, and antiknock control.

All you need to really control with a turbo is timing and A/F. At least that's the most important.

Someone needs to call Bosch and get in good with their tech guys...