CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need Help Leak somewhere

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
Need Help Leak somewhere

A few times now this has happened to me. My driver side seatbelt is soaked the next day after it rains. I;m not sure what's causing this problem but it is annoying because the seat belt is all wet when it's strapped against my chest when i'm driving and worst of all it smells like wet soggy socks. I checked around the window sill to see if maybe there's a hole or leak there but I couldn't find anything. Another reason I thought that might of caused the wet seatbelt was b/c i didn't fully close the window, but it turns out it is fully closed. Has anyone had this problem before, and if they do how do you fix it? I need help b/c lately its been raining everyday and I don't have a garage to park the car. ANy suggestions would be great. thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
What specific car do you have? You posted in the CLK forum but your profile shows C32.

Also, if it's a CLK, what year and is it a coupe or cabriolet. The more detailed the info the better someone here might be able to help you.

I'd check all of the rubber weatherstripping around that area if you haven't already.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by batman6
A few times now this has happened to me. My driver side seatbelt is soaked the next day after it rains. I;m not sure what's causing this problem but it is annoying because the seat belt is all wet when it's strapped against my chest when i'm driving and worst of all it smells like wet soggy socks. I checked around the window sill to see if maybe there's a hole or leak there but I couldn't find anything. Another reason I thought that might of caused the wet seatbelt was b/c i didn't fully close the window, but it turns out it is fully closed. Has anyone had this problem before, and if they do how do you fix it? I need help b/c lately its been raining everyday and I don't have a garage to park the car. ANy suggestions would be great. thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I would check the drain holes around the sunroof.They are probably backed up.Hit'em with a air compressor and you should be good to go.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
sorry guys I drive 01 clk320 coupe....I will check the sunroof, since my sunroof doesn't open properly when I press the button.