CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Questions for those who have the Lorinser decklid spoiler on their car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Lightbulb Questions for those who have the Lorinser decklid spoiler on their car...

Did you put the Lorinser emblem on the embossed area?
Did you leave the part number on the right side of the spoiler?

Those two embossed things (emblem space and part numbe or something) make the spoiler weird, I think.

I'm thinking of having a bodyshop fill those areas then smoothen the entire thing.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
CLK320
i put the black emblem and the number is very small not a problme
Old 01-12-2003, 02:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Arnee,

Getting it filled will make it look as intended. I do not like how Lorinser feels that they must spam their spoilers with part numbers and emblems. The roof wing literally comes with a 1" x 2" rectangle of part numbers, etc.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:51 AM

Hmm ok. Thanks guys for the replies.

I agree with you, Ben. I've seen the roof wing and the first thing that I noticed is the huge embossed Lorinser logo and part number.

Quite honestly, I think even AMG parts are like that, although not as "spammy." The SLK32's AMG decklid spoiler has the same embossed logo as the Lorinser's roof wing.

I suppose it is their way of protecting their parts from copycats. Then again, if I have those filled, the spoiler WILL look like a replica because it doesn't have the proper markings.

What did you do with your decklid, Ben?
Old 01-12-2003, 03:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

What do you care if the spoiler looks like a replica? By the spoiler, or any part for that matter, based on what it looks like to you. If you need to fill a portion of it to fully enjoy it, then do so.

I bought my spoilers pre-painted, before I worked for Evosport. At the time, I did not have the money to pay to fill parts. I have the full spam roof wing, and an indention (which can only be seen close up) on the left of the rear-decklid.

Your car is black, right? That makes it much easier to hide things...
Old 01-12-2003, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
What do you care if the spoiler looks like a replica? By the spoiler, or any part for that matter, based on what it looks like to you. If you need to fill a portion of it to fully enjoy it, then do so.

I bought my spoilers pre-painted, before I worked for Evosport. At the time, I did not have the money to pay to fill parts. I have the full spam roof wing, and an indention (which can only be seen close up) on the left of the rear-decklid.

Your car is black, right? That makes it much easier to hide things...

Yes, my car is black. I will have it filled and smoothened this week. We'll see how it goes!!