CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I contacted HPS on my clk 320 for charging....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 10:16 PM
eee
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I contacted HPS on my clk 320 for charging....

They replied and said they would need at least ten other people interested in charging their 320's to make the project possible. Is there anyone interested besides me?
Old 01-13-2003, 10:32 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
Tell HPS I said good afternoon. I'm still waiting for about 10 replies from him for questions asked on this forum.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Didn't they messed up timster's 55? If I were you I would just go with the kleemann s/c.

-Bruce
Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 AM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
YOU still want HPS after all the fiascal?!?!?!!?

I've already given up and saving my money for Kleeman....

and I don't think you will find anyone on this board who will be interested in HPS anymore...
Old 01-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go for a system that runs strong, flawless, and Mercedes-like...
Contact Kleemann, and talk to them.

You will not find 10 people here who want a system from HPS.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Old 01-14-2003, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
HPS SUCKS! DON'T GO FOR THEM, THEY STILL HAVENT RETURNED ANY OF MY MESSAGES REGARDING THEIR SYSTEMS. THEY ARE CROOKS!

My advice is with the majority, the best bar none is Kleemann. They seem most reputible. Trust us on this one, take it from Timsters misfortune, and avoid the mistake. Timster, hows the car doing? Are you going to drop in a supercharger anytime soon?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:25 AM

Re: I contacted HPS on my clk 320 for charging....

Originally posted by eee
They replied and said they would need at least ten other people interested in charging their 320's to make the project possible. Is there anyone interested besides me?

damn... how evil!!!!... they want to mess up 10 more cars!!
Old 01-15-2003, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by Viktorious
HPS SUCKS! DON'T GO FOR THEM, THEY STILL HAVENT RETURNED ANY OF MY MESSAGES REGARDING THEIR SYSTEMS. THEY ARE CROOKS!

My advice is with the majority, the best bar none is Kleemann. They seem most reputible. Trust us on this one, take it from Timsters misfortune, and avoid the mistake. Timster, hows the car doing? Are you going to drop in a supercharger anytime soon?
Thanks for asking!
The car runs so much better now. It seams to be burning a little oil. I'm not sure if it is related or not? I'm keeping a close watch on it.
As for adding another S/C, it's doubtful. If I do, it be a Kleeman. You know the old saying you get what you pay for.
Later,
Tim
Old 01-15-2003, 12:24 PM

good luck timster..

honestly where has HPS been?! he used to reply every single day... now it seems likes gone to mars or something
Old 01-15-2003, 01:38 PM
eee
Almost a Member!

hps out of the question

Thanks for all the replies, I guess HPS will be a no-go. I thought there was something odd about just slapping a charger on the side of the motor like that and boosting the air b4 the fuel system. No intercooler or anything. Hell, I could replicate there setup. I contacted them and they said no modifications were made to the injectors or ECU...this seemed odd that the car would automatically adjust to all the new pressure being present.

I didn't want to have to spend 10k on a charger, but I guess there is no way around it if I want and sort of reliability. KLEEMANN it is.

Thanks guys/gals.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

They said before that they do update the ECU.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:50 PM
eee
Almost a Member!

They cahnged then, cause my brother was going to have his c43 done and my 320. They said there is no change to fuel system or ecu. Oh well, don't have to worry bout it anymore. I will go thru evosprort as soon as I can collect a third of the value of my car to have the procedure done.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally posted by eee
They replied and said they would need at least ten other people interested in charging their 320's to make the project possible. Is there anyone After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.

interested besides me?
Old 01-16-2003, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) How did that person get to drive Timster's car for 700 miles if he doen't work for HPS?

B) His seat of the pants evaluation doesn't mean crap (especially if he has never driven a Kleemann). Dynos don't lie.

C) If i recall, Timster was very careful not to make libelous statements against HPS and gave HPS numerous opportunities to explain themselves on this board.

D) Timster owns a CLK55 and (I assume) paid for his HPS upon delivery. It doesn't really make sense that he would run the risk of screwing up his car and shell out the bucks for the HPS in the hopes of getting some money back.

E) I really don't care if you are 45, 35, African-American, Chinese, etc. your ability to put forth a reasonable, persuasive argument is on par with my 3 year old nephew.

F) HPS might eventually have a good product but the way they handled Timster's situation on this board I doubt that they will ever be good businessmen.

G) Thank god for Kleemann.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Re: Re: I contacted HPS on my clk 320 for charging....

Originally posted by mrdrew
Is there anyone After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.

interested besides me?
oh so it felt like there was no loss in power? well i would hope not, its supercharger.....

the fact is, they couldnt produce what they promised, end of story, it doesnt matter how close they were, they didnt do what they said, period.

does timster know you drove his car for 700 miles??? i wouldnt let someone that doesnt even work for HPS drive my car for 700 miles.

so youre a 40 year old black male? great, i dont care, i didnt ask what color you were, why did you tell us? making an issue out of something that is not an issue at all, typical....

this is quite a persuasive arguement youve put together here.....oh wait no its not at all, we saw the dynos chief, why dont you look at them, then tell me again why Timsters car was just fine?

oh and what does having an E430 as a loaner have to do with not coming through with what was promised, and then acting like a 4 year old on this forum when questions were asked....

Moderator, please check the IP, i have a hunch that this is our good friend HPS back to stir up some more trouble, and if that is the case, how sad that he didnt learn his lesson the first or second time.....if you are not HPS, how much is he paying you?
Old 01-16-2003, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
youre secret is out buddy, you are HPS, you are the MARKETING DIRECTOR for HPS, we nailed you the last time you tried this crap, why are you trying it again, i was so right guessing that it was you, save us some time and take your childish managing of a decent company elsewhere

YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL, YOU RUN A HUGE COMPANY, AND THIS IS HOW YOU MARKET YOUR PRODUCT?????? ARE YOU SERIOUS????? GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

I have personally been in contact with Timster for quite some time, and he has never once asked for something for free. In fact, he just asked to buy a windshield banner for when he goes to the track. He is offering to pay for what I am providing for free. Your attack on Timster's character is unfounded, as is your defense of YOUR OWN product.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free. " Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?
This my friend is libelous in itself. Timster has provided Dyno proof of his complaints, and has even left many off the boards. Yet, you go and insult him and his credibility, calling him a scam. Hate to tell you, but now Timster has grounds to sue you and a company.

Please stop insulting MBWorld users by pretending to be someone you are not. I think I speak for the majority of them when I say that we are quite sick of it. Whether you are HPS himself, the 19 year old web designer, or a 35 year old African American (which btw, could still be HPS...), or the 65 year old senior citizen looking to rekindle his youth on benzworld; you write the same and lie the same.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
im sorry, i made a big mistake, i must apologize, you may not be HPS.....

but guess what, we all know that you DO work for him, and this we KNOW for a fact, take a hike.....

*********WARNING*********MRDREW WORKS FOR HPS!!!!!*******WARNING********
Old 01-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by eee
They replied and said they would need at least ten other people interested in charging their 320's to make the project possible. Is there anyone interested besides mDear Tim the reason I describe who I was. I wanted you to know whom you were talking to. So there would be known question on whom was right or wrong. Where is the creditability on the dyno chart? Did the TV hit his head to hard for him to run it right? I can understand why you don’t want to waste your time with me. Why did you welcome me in your house. Offer me something to drink and I chatted with your lawyer friend. Then you turn around say you don’t want to waste my time with me. Because everything I’m stating is correct. I’m asking for you to stand up like a man! Another thing all your friends out there never comment on what you wrote on the car. But instead on my race. Funny I thought we were discussing your supercharger system.

Timster the bottom line is you’re a scam trying to get something free at others expense. Oh by the way your friends on line can insult me as much as they want. But you know I’m telling the truth.

I was reading on another forum, hps would post current rear wheel data. What will you say then? It’s made up – I bet hps will have before / after and contact information. Timster your really embarrasses yourself and losing creditability.

PS I don’t work for hps and please check the IP number!

You can contact me at lavorisdrew@hotmail.com
Mr. Victor Drew
e?
Old 01-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

We've seen rear wheel data, from a real dyno, not a Microsoft Excel drawing! 40hp gains on a 55, and an a/f of over 14! That's not very impressive to me.

The bottom line is not that Timster is a scam, it is that you and your aliases are attempting to scam the entire Mercedes community with false promises and deceptive marketing. Please take your lies elsewhere.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
learn how to use the quote function properly please, i cant figure out what eee said and what you said, thanks.

as for the "facts" that you speak of, ok what dyno charts??? weve seen the dynos, not the MS Excel ones that HPS has on their website, but Tim's REAL RWHP dyno charts, check the forums a little closer, weve all seen them. If you are so "in the know" here, why dont you post some more of those MS excel dynos, they are oh so pretty.

at no point did i intend to insult you, just pointing out the amount of frivilous information you put in your original post. how old you are and what color you are has NOTHING to do with the point you were trying to make.

what are you trying to accomplish here? if you really thought you could leave a message like the one you left and have everyone go kiss HPS's *** (which i know is what HPS asked you to do, come in here and clean up the mess their marketing director caused) then youre terribly mistaken. Members of this board respect Tim and what he brings to this community, some members know him personally and like him a lot, hes an honest guy that wanted horsepower added to his car, HPS obviously didnt provide what they promised, end of story.

If you come into a community and start bashing a respected member of the community, you can expect for people to act exactly as they have towards you, i dont know what more you could have expected.

Unless youve got something more then accusations backed by nothing, please do everyone here a favor and add to the community or leave. Tim has provided Dyno Charts to PROVE the gains, or lack of gains i mean, on his car, what do you have? accusations, thats it....
Old 01-22-2003, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The last thing anyone wants at this point is MY input Im sure..... but when has that ever stopped me?

But let me get this straight- the last story I was able to piece together is that Timster was not trying to get anything for free- on the contrary- it was HPS trying to shove a non-performing, MIL laden, poor driving POS down HIS throat. Why should anyone PAY for that?

HPS has the charger back as best as I can tell from this forum- has money changed hands? HPS cannot expect to do R&D on a customers car at their expense and then demand payment when it dosent perform as promised.

BTW- I have a 1,000HP C230 and the dyno to prove it- if I could only figure out how to get the "b" column to stack correctly I could give you the XL file.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:54 AM

I have no heard of HPS until recently, because i wasn't really thinking about doing anythign to my engine. But as I looked into engines mods, i came across HPS on the other forum. They said HPS is horrible etc....

but i guess with all these replies here, that would support the statement that I got from the other forum.

gotta be careful these days on where to spend your $$$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I contacted HPS on my clk 320 for charging....