CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New to MB wrorld

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk-320
New to MB wrorld

Just bought a clk320 for decent price, but it did come with some problems...
1. driver's seat doesn't fold forward, you can lift the lever and i can hear the motor click but won't unlatch to move forward.
2. The seat position adjuster, every switch works fine except for the "seat forward", it works sometimes and most of the time when you push it forward the seat goes backwards. (happens on passenger side also but not very often) Everything works fine if i turn the car off and on...but after a few min it does same thing.
3. My windshield squirters do not work, the wiper blade works fine but nothing comes out, i've checked every fuse i have found and nothing blown, i removed the windshield washer resevoir and can't find the actual pump/line that feeds the squirters...I'm at a loss.

Other than that i like this car, still pretty quick for a V6 vs the 430...if anyone has any ideas to those problems, thanks in advance. Lots of stuff on this site!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by charlie0369
1. driver's seat doesn't fold forward, you can lift the lever and i can hear the motor click but won't unlatch to move forward.
2. The seat position adjuster, every switch works fine except for the "seat forward", it works sometimes and most of the time when you push it forward the seat goes backwards. (happens on passenger side also but not very often) Everything works fine if i turn the car off and on...but after a few min it does same thing.
3. My windshield squirters do not work, the wiper blade works fine but nothing comes out, i've checked every fuse i have found and nothing blown, i removed the windshield washer resevoir and can't find the actual pump/line that feeds the squirters...I'm at a loss.

Other than that i like this car, still pretty quick for a V6 vs the 430...if anyone has any ideas to those problems, thanks in advance. Lots of stuff on this site!

welcome to the forum...

I can't help with your issues but you can wait for someone who can on the forum soon
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by charlie0369

Welcome!!!

I too have the problem with the driver seat not folding forward, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. My fix to the problem is to use the passenger side!!

My driver seat also for a little while stopped moving forward, which is bad for me because I'm 5'2" and I need it close to the steering wheel!! The reason why it stopped moving forward cuz the track had a coin on it and prevented the seat from moving forward. Not sure if you have checked for something blocking on the track, if not, that would be where I would start.

And I have no answer for the washer fluid problem.

Hope you get it figured out! And again welcome to the forum!!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM

2001 clk-320
seats, if i just quickly move the switch in a circular motion (hitting all contacts rapidly) it works fine after i do that, probably dust and corosion/crap on contacts in switch. Will clean when weather get nicer to take panel off.

I also had the temp and time/gear indicator missing some pixels...did the DIY, got the temp and gear indicator working 100% and the clock is just missing two sections, still very usable.

washer squirter will have to wait for nicer weather to dismantle and diagnos.