CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

how do you remove the seat switch on the door?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
how do you remove the seat switch on the door?

Hey guys

My friends seat switch is lose and giving him trouble, does anyone have a photos are advise on how to remove the switch? Do you have to remove the door panel?

thanks
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 AMG S
yes you had to remove the door panel because there are two plastic clips holding it in place.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
are only a couple of the switches working and not others? i had the same problem..the switches are $120 a piece on ebay if he wants to replace them but if not then what i did was rearange the wires under the seat so that different switches controlled the important motions such as forward and backward and the back rest. to take the switches out you do have to remove the door panel..its a pain haha..not hard, just a pain..after i did it though i was told that i should have disconnected the battery because you can accidentally set off the side airbags, i dont know how true that is..i hope this helps!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by rjlawlor646
are only a couple of the switches working and not others? i had the same problem..the switches are $120 a piece on ebay if he wants to replace them but if not then what i did was rearange the wires under the seat so that different switches controlled the important motions such as forward and backward and the back rest. to take the switches out you do have to remove the door panel..its a pain haha..not hard, just a pain..after i did it though i was told that i should have disconnected the battery because you can accidentally set off the side airbags, i dont know how true that is..i hope this helps!!
thanks for the advice

Still waiting on a DIY though to remove the door switch ! anyone?