CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Put the car through the ringer. Help!!! Anyone have a bumper or other solutions?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK 430 Convertible "silkie" (sold), 2010 E350 Sport Sedan (graveyard), new wheels coming soon...
Unhappy Put the car through the ringer. Help!!! Anyone have a bumper or other solutions?!?!

I am devastated. The car was already a little scraped up from the winter and a few scrapes here and there but I just did it in this afternoon when I hit someone in front of me.

Does anyone have a bumper for me?? Its a 03 CLK 430 Convertible, but should just fit any 430 bumper right? As you can see from picture #2, I already cracked the underside of the bumper by the fog light drivers side by going over the parking cement blocks a few to many times, but now I just pierced the center of the bumper on the SUV in front of me's metal tow thingy. I'm going to go dig a hole for myself and my car.

*Also, I think when I hit, it made the back headrests pop up really high... and now the button on the console won't make it go down. I'm assuming its a safety thing but does anyone know why and how to fix it back to normal??

HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails Put the car through the ringer.  Help!!!  Anyone have a bumper or other solutions?!?!-broken-car.jpeg   Put the car through the ringer.  Help!!!  Anyone have a bumper or other solutions?!?!-broken-car-2.jpg  
Old 03-08-2009, 03:00 AM

2002 clk 430
i think the underside part where its cracked by the fog lights is a common prob it happened to me on a parking curb in front of me now it hangs i need a bumper too body shops have told me 1500 just for labour and a jobber bumper im pisst tell me if u get hooked up with a bumper and where
Old 05-30-2009, 05:03 PM

2000 ML430
Originally Posted by jreddyroc
i think the underside part where its cracked by the fog lights is a common prob it happened to me on a parking curb in front of me now it hangs i need a bumper too body shops have told me 1500 just for labour and a jobber bumper im pisst tell me if u get hooked up with a bumper and where
Same boat myself. Wheel stop/bumper in the garage hooked my front bumper and ripped out the center. I also was quoted $1500->$1600 for new bumper and labor/paint. ****.. with this many owners with this problem you'd think there would be a 'better' solution that just putting the same problematic part back on. Ugh.

Maybe a class-action lawsuit is in order.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:23 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK430
Hey i have a clk 430 bumper for sale! Let me no if your interested, im willing to sell it for $500 Thats only the bumper no fog lights or the side lights. Its a dark blue color right now and let me no ASAP. Thanks