CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tele-Aid strangeness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009 | 01:16 AM

02 CLK 430 Coupe
Tele-Aid strangeness

My Tele-Aid system has started to act bizarre. I have not been subscribed since the end of the 1 year free trial. It worked fine during the free trial and after that I never noticed anything weird about it. I have COMAND but no phone.

About a week ago, it started spontaneously trying to make an SOS call, and does not let me cancel it (using the hang up button on the steering wheel). Also one time when it did this, I reached my destination, turned off the ignition and opened my door and the trunk popped open by itself.

Has anyone ever heard of something similar happening, or maybe knows what the problem is?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2009 | 12:53 AM

The moral of this story is. Don't mess with people that can control your car at a touch of a button.
Old 05-10-2009 | 03:18 PM

clk 430
Originally Posted by err0neous
My Tele-Aid system has started to act bizarre. I have not been subscribed since the end of the 1 year free trial. It worked fine during the free trial and after that I never noticed anything weird about it. I have COMAND but no phone.

About a week ago, it started spontaneously trying to make an SOS call, and does not let me cancel it (using the hang up button on the steering wheel). Also one time when it did this, I reached my destination, turned off the ignition and opened my door and the trunk popped open by itself.

Has anyone ever heard of something similar happening, or maybe knows what the problem is?

Thanks.

THATS WIERD, I BOUGHT MY BENZ AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN IM SHUTING THE CAR OFF THE TELE AID MALFUNTION WITH THE LIGHTING BOLT SHOWS UP BUT WHEN I TURN THE CAR ON IT GO'S AWAY, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, USALLY YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE COO WHO WILL GIVE YOU A FEW TIPS OR HELP YOU FOR FREE.
Old 06-02-2009 | 02:34 PM

CLK320
W209 strangeness

If I open the trunk via the handle at the rear the tele-aid tries to make an emergency call when I put the key in the ignition. Very Strange. Has anybody seen this before?

-Todd
Old 06-02-2009 | 03:43 PM

2002 CLK 430
Originally Posted by err0neous

Thanks.
i wish it happened to me when i locked the keys in the trunk 2 weeks ago..