CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Next Generation HID Projector Headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 clk320
Next Generation HID Projector Headlights?

Are these the NG of PH's? They look pretty good expecially the warrenty and HID's. Anybody have them and what is your experience?

Ebay Item number: 170322241806

Here are the sellers specs and no I am not affiliated with the seller in any way:

98-02 MERCEDES BENZ CLK-CLASS W208 CHROME PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS

+

JDM VISION XENON HID KIT
(2 YEARS BULB AND BALLAST WARRANTY)

• WILL FIT ON ALL
    98-02 MERCEDES BENZ CLK-CLASS CHROME HOUSING 1 PAIR HID HEADLIGHTS PROJECTOR LENS BOLT-ON STYLE FOR EASY INSTALLATION

• CHOOSE BETWEEN:
    • 6000K (WHITE)
    • 8000K (ICE BLUE)
    • 10000K (BLUE)
    • 12000K (PURPLE)
    HID ARE FOR LOW BEAM ONLY <
  • BULBS AND BALLAST INCLUDED
  • THESE HID KIT ARE PRE-INSTALLED AND TESTED BEFORE SHIPMENT
  • NO MODIFICATION TO THE HEADLIGHTS IS NEEDED
  • 100% BRAND NEW AND COME IN A PAIR (LEFT & RIGHT)
  • **2 YR WARRANTY ON BULBS AND BALLAST
JDM VISION INTELLIGENT DIGITAL HID SYSTEM

The quality certificates we have got: international ISO9001-2000 quality system certification, E-mark, ROHS, and CE certificates. Defective rate is less than 0.3%.

HID Kit Benefits include:

- 3X Brighter than halogen lights for greater night-time driving visibility
- 10X Longer Lasting, so no need to replace for life of the vehicle potentially
- Retrofit all domestic & imported cars, SUVs & trucks. Simple & quick Plug & Play Installation
- No modification requires to your car.
- 100% Reversible to your original factory halogen headlight
- 35% less power consumption
- Generate less heat
- Highest Japanese Industry Standard quality products
- Extra long wiring harness for easy installation
- Weather & water resistance
- World smallest & lightest ballast & igniter modules

The HID Conversion Kit contains the following components:

- Two HID Xenon Bulb Modules
- Two Slim-Fit Ballasts
- Step-by-step Installation instructions. To view the installation instructions click here: HID Conversion Kit Install Guide.
The difference between digital ballast and normal ballast:
Without EMS Problems
A built-in dual filter circuit and EMI shielding wires effectively control the interference in source that minimize or even eliminate it without any accessories. Till now the feed back from our oversea customers is that our Digital ballast can solve the EMI problem for VW PASSAT, OPEL, MERCEDES BENZ, BMW, AUDI, COOL PAD and HYUNDAI.
Less Malfunction Rate and 2 Years Warranty
The normal ballasts start-up by hardware, such as capacitance, MOS tube... It damages the components inside the ballasts because the high voltage 23 KV. As to digital start-up, the voltage is controlled by program in CPU. It reduces the malfunction rate to less than 1% and we offer 2 years warranty. Most HID unit lasts for 4-5 years
Protection for Car Components to Assure Driving Security
The same as point 2, the program in CPU makes the electric current less that the SCP ballasts. It will not damage the components of your car.
Prolong the Serviceable Life of Bulbs
The wide output voltage of our ballast is from 60v-160v. Normally the lamps voltage raise from 82+-17V to 120-140 voltage after one year use. Some ballast's output voltage is only 140v so it's hard to ignite the lamps after 1 year. But Our ballast can ignite the lamps which used 3-5 years.
Attached Thumbnails Next Generation HID Projector Headlights?-hidclkheadlights.jpg   Next Generation HID Projector Headlights?-hidmrjdm_regular_hid.jpg   Next Generation HID Projector Headlights?-hid1234310380865_lp-mbw208c-dp_01.jpg  

Last edited by dennisspeaks; 05-16-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
The only thing new about this is that they include an HID KIT, other than that these were the first projectors out for our cars.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 PM

2000 clk320
Next Gen

Hey Will, yes that will make it easier for people like me who would rather have the unit all in one plug and play so we can plug and play. Both that one and ebat Item number: 170326305316, look pretty good although looks can be deceiving, the latter one claims the projectors to be German Made for what that's worth, could be sales hype after reading these forms although I don't like the fact that they are saying Depo when Depo don't have any braggin rights, look good but all that glitters is not gold.

Peace!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 / E350 Coupe
12k? Purple?? Thats asking for trouble.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM

2000 clk320
Next Gen

I agree, but so was bright whites and blues once upon a time. I don't think I would even do blues on my rides, I think they look good, but not for me, to each their own.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
was looking at aftermarket xenon projectors also. anyone get them? how do you like them? thanks!