CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Automatic daylight savings adjustment.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic daylight savings adjustment.

I thought I read somewhere on the old board that all 2002 models have auto adjustments for daylight savings. When that didn't happened a couple of weeks ago, when daylight saving ended, I tried doing it manually, but my car refuses to change. Everytime I adjust the time on the COMAND system, it reflects on the dash until I turn the car off, and it goes back to being 1 hour off. What am I doing wrong. I own a 2002 CLK55 with COMAND if that changes anything.

Michael P
Old 11-12-2001, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Time Adjustments

Michael, all late model COMAND equipped vehciles do indeed aquire and adjust their onbard time clock from the satellities that we use for our GPS Navigation purposes. From the problem you have explained I would look in the setup of your COMAND system under both Country setup as well as Time setup. Sounds like your system think it may be in another part of the country where the time in 1 hour different.

As long as you are receiving satellite reception, you will not be able to adjust the time manully, other than the minute portion by a specified range.

If you are able to adjust the hour, something is wrong here or you have lost GPS Satellite reception. If you lose GPS Satellite reception, you will no longer see the little satellite icon in the time adjustment setup window, and you will then be able to adjust your time settings hour and all.

Let me know if any of the makes sense. If not, ill go out and look at the procedure and walk you through it step by step.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm

Thanks for the quick response.

The COMAND systems report it can see 7 satelites, but it still doesn't get it right. The GPS is working, since it can show me on the map where I'm at. And I'm able to adjust the time manually. The only change I've done from the default settings is change to 24h clock. Otherwise I haven't changed anything as fas as I know.

Another piece of the puzzle: the time was correct before we went from daylight savings.

Hope that narrows it down.

Michael
Old 11-13-2001, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Pls. try this: Use the COMMAND Operator's Manual

I was the one that posted the SURPRISE Post re automatic daylight savings time adjustment on my new clk55 a couple of weeks ago.

My MB center techie set everything during the orientation -- lightning fast.

Pls. check your manual:

On page 215, it refers to "several ways" to set time.

On page 216, it tells you how to set the system to the GPS reception.

Follow this and make sure you enter the correct timezone as shown on page 217.

Good luck!!

ps
Let's hear if this works?
tnx