CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Electronic ignition problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 230k w208
Electronic ignition problems

I recently lost my key for my car, which is a 98 clk 230kommpresser. So i ordered a new key from the dealership which cost me £200. When ordering the key i had to give the dealership the chassis number to match the car to the key.
When i finally got the key i tryed to start the car and to my dissopointment it would not start and after just spending £200 i was pissed off proper. So i rang the dealership and they said theyed have to have a look at the car, so i spent a further £40 getting the car transported to the dealership. At this point i was sure it was something and nothing, a couple of days later i got a phone call from the dealership and to my horror they told me that i needed a new electronic ignition at thre cost off £500 which included fitting.... rrrraaaa i mean.. All i did was loose my key and now they want another £500 after already takin £200 off me plus £50 for the check..
In my opinion it is to much of a coincidence do you not think espially as the car was running fine before i lost the key for it and had not been used during the time i had lost the key..

I would apprieciate all opinions and help on this subject or any ways of fixing the ignition unit which ive been told is primarlly just a coil.
Your gratfully tony (presser)