CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SRS light on dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
SRS light on dash

Hey Guys,

My SRS light came on a few days ago. I took it to the dealers to find out why. They came back with a read out saying the ohms it was recieving were too high and I would need a new passenger air bag!!

Can this be true?

The Tech turned the light off and said the fault was "stored" and not current.
If the car read the airbag high again and the light came on there was a potential that the air bag wouldn't go off in a collision.

Do I really need to buy a new airbag, what can be done as the SRS light has just come on again?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ck430 2002
the srs wire might of come off underneath the seat its a yellow wire just check and make sure its plugged in because it happened to me
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 AM

Thumbs down

Thanks Tastoto.

I checked the yellow coloured plug under the seat it was still in so I pulled it out and pressed it in firm to make sure of a good connection but the light still stays on.

Can anyone one offer any help or do I need to buy a new airbag!

How does an airbag go bad?

Shouldn't this be a recall on saftey grounds!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
My SRS light came on a while ago and the dealer said it was because the sensor in the seat which detects if a person is sitting there was bad. I believe the sensor tells the computer that in the event of an accident to deploy or not deploy the airbag depending on whether or not someone is sitting there.

I never got it fixed. I suppose I should for the sake of my most prominent passenger (my gf).

Somone correct me if my story is not factually possible but this is how I remember it.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by wnycec
My SRS light came on a while ago and the dealer said it was because the sensor in the seat which detects if a person is sitting there was bad. I believe the sensor tells the computer that in the event of an accident to deploy or not deploy the airbag depending on whether or not someone is sitting there.

I never got it fixed. I suppose I should for the sake of my most prominent passenger (my gf).

Somone correct me if my story is not factually possible but this is how I remember it.
Hmmm.

Well my sensor apparently is OK. Just the airbag recieving high ohms.

I'm going to leave it for while. The damn light is annoying though!

Thanks for the info!