CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk430 xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ck430 2002
clk430 xenon headlights

Would like to upgrade my headlights on clk430. would my factory xenon lights work with the Projector Headlights
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corvette Convertible, 02 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by tastoto
Would like to upgrade my headlights on clk430. would my factory xenon lights work with the Projector Headlights
Tastoto,

If you mean, can you remove your Xenons and replace them with Projectors, "Yes! You sure can." Hooks up just lovely.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 PM

2003 CLK430
Replacement Headlights Needed

Pardon the double post...

Folks,

I have a 2003 CLK430 Cab. The drivers side headlight (low beam) just went out. I would like to replace it myself. A couple of questions.

1- Can I do it myself without too much difficulty?

2- Is this the correct part #? Part # P8040-139268

3- I believe my car has Halogens. I believe the part # above are Xenons. I would like to upgrade to Xenons. Can I do so by installing the part # above?

4- Are there a better set of Xenons I can use that are compatible with my car?

5- I assume I can change just the bulb and I do not need a whole new assembly, Correct?

6- I assume I need to change both bulbs if I upgrade to Xenon, Correct?

7- Anything else I should know or be aware of before taking this on?

8- Is there a way to confirm my car has Halogens vs. Xenons. I am pretty sure there are Halogens. I bought it used last years so I am not sure.

9- I do not know anything about Halo Projectors. Are those a better option than Xenons? What advantages do they offer?

10- What is the installation process if I wanted to go from Halogens to Halo Projectors?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 PM

CLK430
Originally Posted by thegizzard
Pardon the double post...

Folks,

I have a 2003 CLK430 Cab. The drivers side headlight (low beam) just went out. I would like to replace it myself. A couple of questions.

1- Can I do it myself without too much difficulty?
Probably not, judging from your knowledge of the basics.
2- Is this the correct part #? Part # P8040-139268
For the xenon bulb, but there are more components involved, namely, the ballast and ignitor.
3- I believe my car has Halogens. I believe the part # above are Xenons. I would like to upgrade to Xenons. Can I do so by installing the part # above?
No, not just the bulbs.
4- Are there a better set of Xenons I can use that are compatible with my car?
Probably, you could buy some on ebay with the ballasts and wire them in.
5- I assume I can change just the bulb and I do not need a whole new assembly, Correct?
If they are xenon, not necessarily.
6- I assume I need to change both bulbs if I upgrade to Xenon, Correct?
That would be pretty odd looking.
7- Anything else I should know or be aware of before taking this on?
Yes, there is a lot more to learn about this before attempting.
8- Is there a way to confirm my car has Halogens vs. Xenon's. I am pretty sure there are Halogens. I bought it used last years so I am not sure.
That is a pretty basic question. Are they very bright, slightly blue, and come on like a fluorescent light? Xenon. Look like every other car on the road? Halogens. Also, if you have headlight washers you also have xenon's.
9- I do not know anything about Halo Projectors. Are those a better option than Xenons? What advantages do they offer?
Halo's are the light rings around the projector, made famous on BMW's. They don't belong and look awful on a Benz.
10- What is the installation process if I wanted to go from Halogens to Halo Projectors?
Buy the halo projector assembly on ebay and have at it. Just swap them out and do wiring. (I wouldn't).
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:43 AM

2003 CLK430
Thanks for the great detailed reply. Sounds like I best off just swapping out the Halogen bulb.

Anyone know how I find out the correct part number for the replacement bulb?

I assume I could swap out the Halogen bulb without too much difficulty?

Although my last post made it sound like I would have difficulty changing a household light bulb, I do have some handiness. I know the difference between Xenon and Halogen, I guess I just wanted to be sure by asking the question

Halos, I knew nothing about and I appreciate the education.