CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My car = No START!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 55 04
Angry My car = No START!!!!

Hi,

So my problems started about 2 weeks ago, Im leaving work and oupss my car cranks but dosent start so I get it towed, the towing brings it to the garage and suddendly when we get there the car starts and drives normally.

So the mechanic tells me he cant do sh*t and its probably a bad luck.

Two weeks later (yesterday) I get out of my house and drive first red light the car shuts down, I turn back the key and starts no problem. I then drove the car all day no problems.

Later at like 9 pm I get in my car try to start the car... nothing ...being pissed I just decide to go to sleep.

This moring I wake up start the car and it works...

soooo any ideas ? Bad fuel pump or Crank position sensor???
Old 08-17-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by Focus on this 1
Hi,

So my problems started about 2 weeks ago, Im leaving work and oupss my car cranks but dosent start so I get it towed, the towing brings it to the garage and suddendly when we get there the car starts and drives normally.

So the mechanic tells me he cant do sh*t and its probably a bad luck.

Two weeks later (yesterday) I get out of my house and drive first red light the car shuts down, I turn back the key and starts no problem. I then drove the car all day no problems.

Later at like 9 pm I get in my car try to start the car... nothing ...being pissed I just decide to go to sleep.

This moring I wake up start the car and it works...

soooo any ideas ? Bad fuel pump or Crank position sensor???
More like the CPS is bad.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
CPS!!!

Greg
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 55 04
PROBLEM SOLVED : after doing this post it was time for me to go back to work, get in the car and u already guessed ... didint start. So I lifted the car hit the fuel pump a couple times with a screwdriver lol and it started, brought it to the mechanic confirmed it was the gas pump, replaced it now errrrrr thing is ok!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by Focus on this 1
PROBLEM SOLVED : after doing this post it was time for me to go back to work, get in the car and u already guessed ... didint start. So I lifted the car hit the fuel pump a couple times with a screwdriver lol and it started, brought it to the mechanic confirmed it was the gas pump, replaced it now errrrrr thing is ok!

WOW!! Thanks for the update. I have 134,000 miles on my car and the fuel pump is still working great. I have replaced the fuel filter twice though just cause I want to make sure that it is clean fuel going into the engine. How much was the pump and labor? You know that it would have been a VERY EASY DIY even though a slightly messy and smelly one right?

Greg