CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

exhaust for my CLK and water injection report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLK320
exhaust for my CLK and water injection report

1 question and 1 report here.

I want to increase the torque and response of my CLK320 Cab esp before 3000 rpm. After 3000rpm, it's great and I dont need better.

Any exhaust fit for this purpose? As I heard, most exhausts increase the middle power band but decrease the low power band.

And, I installed the water injection system. I'm now testing it with water and later will try methanol/water mixture.

I feel the car faster and the response much better esp during start-up and uphill. However, no increase for 0-100 acceleration.

Will try methanol/water mixture later and stay tuned.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Exclamation

What is the water injection system??
Old 02-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

MB CLK320
Originally posted by theine
What is the water injection system??
Pls see http://www.ahfung.com/car/clk320-02.html

I put the photo and comment ther.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Am i the only one who thinks that is the most ridiculous thing ever created?
Old 02-26-2003, 01:02 AM

Water Injection, or alchocol/propane injection is really only necessary on turbocharged or supercharged cars, I see no real need to use it on a normally aspirated engine. The purpose is to cool the intake charge after it has come through the intercooler. With this, in general you are usually able to run a leaner A/F ratio, more boost and your engine is less likely to detonate. Propane or alchocol injection can effectively actually raise the octane of fuel, once again allowing higher boost with less detonation.

I would have to agree with "J Lucas", I do not see why you would use this on a normally aspirated engine, especially the 3.2L V6.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Almost a Member!

MB CLK320
Originally posted by Turbo2
Water Injection, or alchocol/propane injection is really only necessary on turbocharged or supercharged cars, I see no real need to use it on a normally aspirated engine. The purpose is to cool the intake charge after it has come through the intercooler. With this, in general you are usually able to run a leaner A/F ratio, more boost and your engine is less likely to detonate. Propane or alchocol injection can effectively actually raise the octane of fuel, once again allowing higher boost with less detonation.

I would have to agree with "J Lucas", I do not see why you would use this on a normally aspirated engine, especially the 3.2L V6.
I read many documents and research papers about Water Injection. They DO also help NA engines, but not as much as Turbo engines -- that's true.

Adding water, theoretically, can save some fuel. But I havent tested it on my car yet. Adding methanol/water mixture, by theory again, can increase power. I shall test this later and
let you know.

But it's certain that the response of the car is better after installing the water injection.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Almost a Member!

supercharged ie clk 230k in EU or the new 209 clk 200k might have a bit of a use for this water injection. Would like to see some results off one of those cars.
kris