CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tele-Aid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 clk 320
Red face Tele-Aid?

I have a question for you guys, i am wondering if you all have an correct answer to it. I just recently got my 2000 clk320 coupe. Excellent car by the way. The Germans know how to make them. anyways i have noticed the wrench and the I button in my center console and the SOS button on the roof. Now what i was wondering is i know Tele-Aid is free for the first year of the car. So that subscription is 9 years old, (which is probably cancled by now )(haha). Now if i pressed the Wrench button or the I button for information or roadside assistance would it charge me money, or is it free to use it, or is it a paid service. I know they have packages but do you have to buy one of the packages to use the Tele-Aid or can you still get some services free from it? Thanks guysssss!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
You won't get charged just for pressing the button. If anything, pushing any of the Tele-Aid related buttons connects you to a rep so you can subscribe.
Btw, the Tele-Aid in your car might not even work at all if it's analog. They switched a few years back (5ish IIRC) to digital.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:45 PM

2000 clk 320
Thank you, now what do you mean Tele-Aid might not even work? So are you saying that for my model year it still might be transmitting analog waves instead of the "new" digital waves? so it wont even work?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
The Tele-aid systems in our cars work throught the cellphone system that was an option on our cars. This cell phone system was analog and is no longer supported by the cell towers as they have all changed to digital now.

There is a way to modify your cell phone system in the car by changing out your PSE (located in the trunk) and adding a V60 cell phone cradle and a bluetooth puck. This will allow you to then connect your phone via bluetooth and then you can activate the Tele-aid system since you will now have the phone system working again. Right now...those buttons are all just novelty items to look pretty LOL..

I have yet to do this so its about as much detail as I can give you at this time. Do a search on this forum, there is a guy that does the complete install but he is from the Netherlands and makes frequent trips to the states to do installs. MBenz???

I am keeping my CLK for a LONG time so its definitely one of my future upgrades!!

Greg
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
How do we remove the light, I could do without a red light staring me down at night.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 PM

2000 clk 320
Man i really wished the system still worked, just the way it is! but oh well, i guess ill just have to do the upgrade. i gotta say i would of loved to have Tele-Aid available now