CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

v60c is in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MB CLK55
v60c is in!

and my rear bumper is fixed (fine young gent who didn't stop at the stop light ). All is well, and I actually got a few minutes of time and a fairly clean car at the same time:

Here's the V60c I got to replace my Timeport - much higher on the cool toy list, really a solid phone:

Some assorted shots - straight stock MY01 CLK55 (except for the body color marker lights - I love 'em!)

This has got to be my favorite angle to look at the CLK:

Old 01-27-2002, 12:34 AM

CLK 320
You must be with AT&T or Verizon...

Lucky you. I wanted to get the V.60c phone, but Mercedes is not supporting SprintPCS with the V.60c phone. SprintPCS users have to stick with the Timeport (which is now over 2 years old).

I know several people who have the V.60c phone and they all complain about poor battery performance as compared to the Timeport.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least your TIMEport phone actually tells time. The only way the AT&T phones tell the time is if you call the time place.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:08 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Re: You must be with AT&T or Verizon...

Yes, I'm using Verizon. I still have a Sprint account (I was one of the first 100 to sign up for their "Pioneer Plan" when the rolled CDMA out in southern California) but only use that phone as an "emergency use only" phone for the kids when they're out & about. Even now Sprint's coverage in San Diego & Orange counties is spotty at best.
Originally posted by Shah
I know several people who have the V.60c phone and they all complain about poor battery performance as compared to the Timeport.
No complaints here. I've yet to bring the battery down below the half way mark, while I would regularly run the Timeport out by day's end.
Originally posted by Mach430
At least your TIMEport phone actually tells time.
So does the V60c. I can even check the time (and check caller ID, see if I've got voicemail, etc) without opening the phone

Biggest advantage of the V60c over the Timeport as far as in-car use - no cable to muck with when going in & out of the cradle. Truly a one handed operation to snap the V60c in place or pop it free.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:18 PM

CLK 320
I'll swich in November...

It's great to hear that your V.60c phone is working well! Congrats on the upgrade.

You're right, Sprint's coverage in So. Cal is <b>ghetto</b> at best. I'm in No. Cal and it's much better up here, but it doesn't even come close to rivaling Verizon or AT&T.

I'm hoping to switch providers in November when cell phone #'s become portable.

In case you don't know, the 1996 telecommunications deregulation act specified that users should have the ability to carry their cell phone numbers with them from provider to provider. As you can imagine most providers did not like this for it would increase churn and give users almost no reason to stay with a provider if they were being screwed for whatever reason.

The fear by cell phone corporations is this would increase competition, drive prices even lower, reduce margins and make cell phones as crappy a business as long distance (which it's slowly becoming).

Long story short, the FCC knows that cell phone companies have been doing everything they can to delay # portability from coming into law and the FCC is slated to put this into law in November.

But you probably already know this considering where you work.

If this happens in November, I'll get out of Sprint and move over to AT&T or Verizon.

However, I'm hopeful that MBUSA will have a new phone available for SprintPCS before November. I'll have to wait and see I guess...
Old 01-27-2002, 07:19 PM

Silver CLK 430
Beautiful car, If I am not mistaken, from the tread pattern, it looks like you've got Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires?
Old 01-28-2002, 02:07 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Originally posted by bigbadpig
Beautiful car, If I am not mistaken, from the tread pattern, it looks like you've got Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires?
Thanks, and close but not quite. They are Pilot Sports, but not all seasons.

I am looking closely at the AS's for my next tire purchase - their 400 tread wear rating looks mighty good compared to the regular Pilot Sport's 220. I got 12k rear 14k front out of my first set; I'm at 24k total miles now (i.e. 12k on the second seat of rears) and I'd guess I'll be needing new rubber within 3k miles.

Last edited by jkelley; 01-28-2002 at 04:11 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2002, 02:04 AM

Silver CLK 430
I've recently gotten the Pilot Sport AS for my 430, great tire, tons better than the contis that the car came with. Yes the treadwear is unheard of for a ultra high performance tire. very sticky on the wet as well. You'll like them!
Old 02-07-2002, 12:57 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320; 2005 CLK320; 2005 Corvette C6
Talking

I've had Verizon for years and they have great coverage. The new v60c is a great phone. Luv the voice dialing.