CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ride quality with Eibach Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
430 CLK
Question Ride quality with Eibach Springs?

Sorry if this topic has been covered, but I am new to the forum and have a question. Just recently purchased a CLK430, 2001 with less than 25K miles. Bought it in July and already have put 3000 miles on it. This car is my daily driver....until the weather turns nasty.

I love the ride but would like to lower it a bit and tighten up the handling. My local speed shop recommended Eibach Low Pro spring set and appropriate pads to give me the look I want. I was told that these springs could improve handling by approx 12%. Question is....how much will they firm up the ride?

Anyone able to tell me what to expect ride wise? I live in Western Pa....home of the Steelers, Penguins and POTHOLES and ROADS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! So my roads are not always the best to begin with.

My feeling is that the upgrade in handling and looks will be worth a bit of sacrifice in ride smoothness......

Also, are the stock shocks (with only 28k) OK or should I have them replaced when the springs go?

Thanks for any feedback. This looks to be a great forum....hope to learn allot here!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
If you dont want to sacrifice the comfort then Eibach is good for you. FOr the shock did u say you had only 28k miles on the clock ? If so, you dont have to replace but it would be nice to do the same time so that you dont have to mess later we talking about labors = $$$ here. And just to let you know Eibach wont be lower as H&R. Hopefully someone will chime in and let you know more about Eibach that they installed on their W208 CLK. I DO have the Eibach installed on my ride but since your is W208 cant tell you more about it.

Andy
Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ck430 2002
Go with vogtland springs to it right the firsttime

http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/