CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

GHOSTRIDERS Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
GHOSTRIDERS Camber Kit

If you haven't bought this kit yet and you have a lowered car this is a must. I bought a kit from Mel(ghostrider). I had it installed on Thursday before i headed to my 600 miles business trip. First and formost the alignment shop was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the fact that they were able to put it back to factory specs down to the dot even though my car is super low and i'm running 19x11s in the rear. Right after instalation the car's ride quality improved and it drove much smoother and less noisy and also better traction. I have absolutly no rubbing in the back what so ever and now i get to enjoy my tires much longer than 6 months. The kit is very easy to install and fully adjustable. I absolutly love it and this is all I have to say if you don't have it you are missing out, forget about all those other companies and bushing kits and wanna be camber kits, Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market. IF YOU DON"T HAVE IT GET IT!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
You are tempting me. I have not put on my Rear Kmacs yet, almost ready to put them up for sale and get one of these.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks a lot, VIP!

What a coincidence...my car is at the alignment shop now and I was just telling myself just how bad I need these.

Definitely would much rather support another member than a major corporation...
Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Are those for the front or rear ? also is it applied to CLK W209 ?

Andy
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
So what do you base this comment off of? "Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market." What are the specs and materials used?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by GLK4MATIC
So what do you base this comment off of? "Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market." What are the specs and materials used?
Based on the fact that I owned the K-mac, the ebay brand one amd the SPC that my friend has on his. And the comparison of the ride quality and the Hub gauge readings at the alignment shop. If there are any other companies that make them i've never heard of them in my 6 years of owning this car.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
does he make the front?
honeslty im happy with my k-mac, knowing my car is slammed..it got me so close but i agree, u all def need a camber kit when u lower the car.

VIPCLK320, there is RENNTECH and they make front and rear but THEY ARE FORTUNE.. I COULD NOT AFFORD
Old 12-22-2009, 09:29 PM

GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
Based on the fact that I owned the K-mac, the ebay brand one amd the SPC that my friend has on his. And the comparison of the ride quality and the Hub gauge readings at the alignment shop. If there are any other companies that make them i've never heard of them in my 6 years of owning this car.
Hooleyboy has a set on his ride which are none of the above that you listed. He dropped his 60ft time from a 1.8-9 down to a 1.600 with the installation of the camber arms. The camber arms he has are made from 1" diameter 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum
Old 12-22-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Hooleyboy has a set on his ride which are none of the above that you listed. He dropped his 60ft time from a 1.8-9 down to a 1.600 with the installation of the camber arms. The camber arms he has are made from 1" diameter 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum

If I am correct you also make these as well right and yours are made of 7075 T6 billet aluminum. Well at least someone with a similar name over on mymbonline.com does as they quote

"Yes I do make rear camber kits for the 208's and they are definitely made out of the best materials on the market 7075 T6 billet aluminum"

There was also Lensolo who got Banned, also over at mymbonline.com who quotes

"They're very robust! Made with 304 stainless steel machined tubing and heat-treated, chromoly, teflon coated heim joints. Top quality and probably overkill, but so what"

Last edited by Williams707; 12-22-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Yes that is me. I don't remember that quote, but I will stand by the fact that 7075-T6 is the highest quality material used on camber arms right now.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Yes that is me. I don't remember that quote, but I will stand by the fact that 7075-T6 is the highest quality material used on camber arms right now.
I use 6061-T6 which is plenty stout, and since VIP is superb fabricator in his own right, he is more than qualified to make that determination. We have been waiting a long time for the products he's spearheaded.

There are other kits out there, but I'm kinda partial to this one...
Old 12-23-2009, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by big_mike1979
does he make the front?
honeslty im happy with my k-mac, knowing my car is slammed..it got me so close but i agree, u all def need a camber kit when u lower the car.

VIPCLK320, there is RENNTECH and they make front and rear but THEY ARE FORTUNE.. I COULD NOT AFFORD
I don't make any for the front, sorry... The Kmac fronts are about the only way to go
Old 12-23-2009, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by M-bENZ

Andy
Rear, and I will let you know if they can work in the rear.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
If you haven't bought this kit yet and you have a lowered car this is a must. I bought a kit from Mel(ghostrider). I had it installed on Thursday before i headed to my 600 miles business trip. First and formost the alignment shop was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the fact that they were able to put it back to factory specs down to the dot even though my car is super low and i'm running 19x11s in the rear. Right after instalation the car's ride quality improved and it drove much smoother and less noisy and also better traction. I have absolutly no rubbing in the back what so ever and now i get to enjoy my tires much longer than 6 months. The kit is very easy to install and fully adjustable. I absolutly love it and this is all I have to say if you don't have it you are missing out, forget about all those other companies and bushing kits and wanna be camber kits, Ghostriders kit is by far way more supprier the higest quality out of all the ones that I have seen in the market. IF YOU DON"T HAVE IT GET IT!
Thanks VIP!!! Your words truly mean a lot.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Based on what is available in the open market through the vendors, the Ghostrider ones are the best ones that I have owned. If you offer something that is great but i personally never seen anyone offer a kit for the w208s. This is not to bash down your product. this is purly a personal experience of a great product that i'm sharing with other members. Now if you have something avilable advertise it and i'm sure who ever buys it will post reviews of it for you. My reviews are for ghostriders product that i have used. there are three major players when it comes to the camber kits, K-mac, SPC brand which is the bolts with the bushing and the blue ebay one which is not that major of a player but still an maker that advertises. so if you are not in those three then you weren't a part of my comparison. I'm comparing the major players the camber kit market and the reason why i left the rentech one out is because i personally don't think any of their products is even worth half of what they are charging, and don't think anyone would be willing to spend that much on a camber kit.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ck430 2002
how much need it delivered to Uk For a good price including shipping that is
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
I think some people here just like to argue but bottom line is, this is a GREAT kit, high quality and functional. it's a must have if you have bigger wheels or lowered car.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:13 PM

ck430 2002
how much is the kit nobody here is arguing
Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by tastoto
LoL
Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I don't make any for the front, sorry... The Kmac fronts are about the only way to go
if u dont mind me asking, how come nobody makes the front??? i only know kmac and renntech
Old 12-23-2009, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ

Andy
rear
Old 12-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by tastoto
Yeah no one is arguing so don't get all worried. I was simply calling someone out who says something is the best without any real facts. You can't say a product is the best without real proof. I can say my product is made from the best materials simply because it is...which by the way was not brought up by me, but by another member who "quoted me" from another forum.

I never bashed your product because I have never heard of you and never tried your product. Also to say that I am not one of the players is incorrect, I actually am. People are changing out Renntechs parts for mine and mine will be on a vehicle thats featured on a future taping of Forum Wars and also will be in an upcoming issue of Eurotuner in their Eurotuner GP coverage. My products have also been proven on a road course, slalom, and dragstrip in real world conditions with great results.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Yeah no one is arguing so don't get all worried. I was simply calling someone out who says something is the best without any real facts. You can't say a product is the best without real proof. I can say my product is made from the best materials simply because it is...which by the way was not brought up by me, but by another member who "quoted me" from another forum.

I never bashed your product because I have never heard of you and never tried your product. Also to say that I am not one of the players is incorrect, I actually am. People are changing out Renntechs parts for mine and mine will be on a vehicle thats featured on a future taping of Forum Wars and also will be in an upcoming issue of Eurotuner in their Eurotuner GP coverage. My products have also been proven on a road course, slalom, and dragstrip in real world conditions with great results.
Thats Fantastic. Congrats looking forward to seeing it. but honestly never heard of your kit until right now. And I never said it was the best without proof. if you go back and read my comments you will see this:

"I had it installed on Thursday before i headed to my 600 miles business trip. First and formost the alignment shop was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the fact that they were able to put it back to factory specs down to the dot even though my car is super low and i'm running 19x11s in the rear" which means i have real proof because i'm using it
also
"Based on the fact that I owned the K-mac, the ebay brand one amd the SPC that my friend has on his" which means i have experienced the other kits.
agian I have never heard of yours but that does not mean that yours is a bad kit.

Last edited by VIPclk320; 12-24-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 AM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
Hey VIP,
Thanks for posting your opinion on Ghostriders camber kit, i value your view on it. Was looking to grab a camber kit before i buy a full set of tires. Looks like this is the one.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--

ahahaha, all of a sudden everyone's a freaking engineer for nasa?? also never heard of your products and better yet who are you? just cause someone has their opinions about a product others have to get their panties in a bunch .....ahahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GHOSTRIDERS Camber Kit