CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SPEAKER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Unhappy SPEAKER

sorry im using my cell... can someone link me to a link regarding speaker prob. suddenly my driver side got faded and no more sounds expect from button left lil speaker. the big speaker and the very lil one by the mirror are dead.. does anybody know y?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Some of us here have had this problem and it has resolved itself after a few days. I have no idea what it was but my speaker issue was the exact same as yours. The only thing in common was that we had all beein working in the trunk area when this issue happened.

Have you done any recent work in the trunk? You might have moved some wires.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It could be a number of things. The entire component set may have gone out (blown) or there may be a short from the amp to the crossover. Being that they both went out makes me lean towards the idea that the problem is between the amp and the crossover, or crossover and component set. Those speakers you "speak" of are called Mids and Tweaters LOL!

Shouldn't be too big of an issue, although I have no idea where the crossover is located. I had my installer replace all my highs and mids in my car.

If you can find or someone could post, where the crossover is, that's where I would start. It should in fact be behind the door panel...
Old 12-24-2009, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gregory13lil
Some of us here have had this problem and it has resolved itself after a few days. I have no idea what it was but my speaker issue was the exact same as yours. The only thing in common was that we had all beein working in the trunk area when this issue happened.

Have you done any recent work in the trunk? You might have moved some wires.
No really except couple weeks ago, i removed my space tire and that is it
Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by falls profet
It could be a number of things. The entire component set may have gone out (blown) or there may be a short from the amp to the crossover. Being that they both went out makes me lean towards the idea that the problem is between the amp and the crossover, or crossover and component set. Those speakers you "speak" of are called Mids and Tweaters LOL!

Shouldn't be too big of an issue, although I have no idea where the crossover is located. I had my installer replace all my highs and mids in my car.

If you can find or someone could post, where the crossover is, that's where I would start. It should in fact be behind the door panel...
LOL u are funny .. i knew what they called, but blanked out when i was driving to work and lost my temper and could not get the words on my mind while i was driving(i know i should not text while im driving)
hmm cuz a month ago, i took my door panel off and i was working on some stuff.. U could be right about being loose, could be ...But 2day, i slammed the door harder and worked LOL i