CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bose Stereo Speaker Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpina B7; Techart Grand GT; G63
Bose Stereo Speaker Questions

Does anyone know the size of the Bose speakers in the CLK (Front, Rear, and Subs)? Has anyone changed their rear deck from being subs to speakers? Those subs are garbage anyways, so I was thinking about just putting speakers there since the ones for the rear are shooting right into the seats and are useless. Does anybody know if the CD changer will work with an Alpine Deck? And finally, will the stock speakers work with a different head unit? I remember way back hearing something about the Bose system having separate amps for their speakers, but that the input signal to those amps is only produced by a Bose headunit, but that you could get a signal convertor or something. Sorry if these are stupid questions, but thanks for the help.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320
No Question is a stupid one.

I had all of my factory door speakers rewired to a Pioneer head unit but you need to get a separate 4 channel amp in order for them to sound good. I'm sending about 200w through each one of them and they haven't failed yet. You were right, the rear subs are useless. I was told by 3 overpriced dealers that I needed to replace the 5" door speakers and I think 6"rear subs, NOT!. You have to get someone who knows what they are doing otherwise you'll get jacked pricewise. As for using your cd changer , that depends on your head unit . When my pioneer was installed the wiring harness for that, along with use of the steering wheel controls was still in developement.