CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Hazard Lights have a mind of their own

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230 K
Hazard Lights have a mind of their own

Hi All,

Very new to the world of Mercedes and decided to go for a clk 230 from my local scrap yard that needs a bit of consmetic work to get it back to its former glory.

So the issue that i have at the moment with the car seems to be that the harzard lights have a mind of their own. I have had a search throught the forum and not seen anything similar mentioned. Basically the hazard lights come on and off on there own. Now i am not sure if this makes any difference but currently i have not got a remote for the vehicle as the one i have is faulty therefore i have been using the blade key to get in the car. So could this be the alarm going off ?

Another thing that i have notice is that when the hazard lights are flashing by themselves they flash at a slower rate than when you engage the hazard warning switch.

Any help or pointer much appreciated, also if you need any more information please ask and i will try to supply it.

Thanks

Pete
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM

W208 CLK320
sounds like a relay issue. Almost like its tripping itself and not disconnecting.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM

CLK 230 K
Thanksa for the reply JapSpec, i did try to have a look for the relay with out much luck. I check under the bonet behind the fuses where i have found some relays but when the lights are falshing i am not able to work out which one is for the lights. do you know the relay number at all / is this the correct location for it?
Old 03-22-2020, 02:18 PM

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
I know this is a decade old thread, but can anyone tell me how to remove the hazard light switch?

Maybe we can make this thread useful.

Thanks,