CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Noob Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'02 CLK 320 2000 clk320
Exclamation Noob Questions

Hi I'm a noob here. First off thank you for all of your help already. I searched the archive but couldnt find any help. I need to replace the 2 strips on the roof and get the drains working better. I have water on my passenger side carpet. Saw the post how to clear the drain/ canaster, but cannt for the life of me find out what the strips are on the roof are called and parts # I think its like weather stripping. i have included pics. thank you for your help
I also have the CEL on. the code is PO442. Small emissions leak. I cann't clear this code with my reader. I just went to the dealer and bought a new gas cap. It did not work. What is the next step I should Take.
Attached Thumbnails Noob Questions-picture-004.jpg   Noob Questions-picture-006.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
floor

why do you think you need to replace the strips on the roof? is the water coming into the passenger side from above and dripping down? I bet you anything that the drains in the front near the windshield are plugged. What is this cannister you are referring to?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
The most common culprit for water in the passenger side footwell is the drainage canister located at the bottom of the winshield right under the black cover. The drainage hole eventually gets blocked by debris and needs to be unclogged. Most have had to completely remove the cover in order to get to the drainage hole but I believe there was a user here that stated we could actually get it unclogged if we had something to reack in between the cover slots and into the whole. I suggest doing it the original way and removing all of the debris because the lazy way will almost cause the same issue again because all you will be doing is moving the debris around in the same area.

Greg
Old 01-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
turn your climate control off and see if you still get water. If the leaking stops then it is the ac drain in the car. If not then it is the windshield drain as noted above... they are both easy fixes.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 AM

'02 CLK 320 2000 clk320
Thanks for the replies. The strips on the roof aren't where the leaks are coming from. They just look beat with a little bit of rust.. All the weather stripping in this car is bad. When I get my next day off I will check out the drains. I think Im gonna have to spend some money with a mechanic though for the evap code. Ill get back to you and let you all know what happened.
I just ripped the seat tonight at the seams getting out of the car. Does this happen with these seats alot? I have seen it on other Clks. Other than that I think this is one of the best looking cars have ever owned.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55 COUPE
Originally Posted by myworld
Thanks for the replies. The strips on the roof aren't where the leaks are coming from. They just look beat with a little bit of rust.. All the weather stripping in this car is bad. When I get my next day off I will check out the drains. I think Im gonna have to spend some money with a mechanic though for the evap code. Ill get back to you and let you all know what happened.
I just ripped the seat tonight at the seams getting out of the car. Does this happen with these seats alot? I have seen it on other Clks. Other than that I think this is one of the best looking cars have ever owned.
That happened to a friend of mine but on the passenger seat. He took it to a local upholstery shop. The charged him like $80.00 to fix it.