CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

02 CLK door sill removal???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK 430
02 CLK door sill removal???

OK I am attempting to remove the pass side door sill on my 02 CLK 430 so that I can add wiring for an aftermarket sub + amp. I see that there is a plastic tray with cover that is used to house all the factory wiring that runs to the back of the car underneath the sill. I would rather add to this, rather than just tuck it under the sill against the carpet. I have already tried snaking it as a have both ends open without success. It is a phone cable that is used to control the amp via a remote that I am mounting in the dash. I will also want to remove the pass rear armrest, the trim just under the rear window and already broke the cloth piece off the bottom, thinking it wasn't permanantly attached to tha larger vinyl piece. I will also want to remove the rear hat tray to take out the rear subs, and access the wiring, but I have already found instructions for this. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks...
Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by ShinyRedR1
OK I am attempting to remove the pass side door sill on my 02 CLK 430 so that I can add wiring for an aftermarket sub + amp. I see that there is a plastic tray with cover that is used to house all the factory wiring that runs to the back of the car underneath the sill. I would rather add to this, rather than just tuck it under the sill against the carpet. I have already tried snaking it as a have both ends open without success. It is a phone cable that is used to control the amp via a remote that I am mounting in the dash. I will also want to remove the pass rear armrest, the trim just under the rear window and already broke the cloth piece off the bottom, thinking it wasn't permanantly attached to tha larger vinyl piece. I will also want to remove the rear hat tray to take out the rear subs, and access the wiring, but I have already found instructions for this. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks...
as for the little pockets that house the factory wiring, it's very easy to open them, just press on the side piece and yank the top cover up it takes a bit of pressure but don't worry it's not going to brake.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK 430
Ok, thanks, that might be the case but I cannot access these compartments for the full length because the door sill is in the way. I can only get to the last couple inches on either side bit I still can't snake my wire through. I need to remove the door sill first, and the open this wire tray to add my wire