CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What size spring pads to achieve this stance...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 430
What size spring pads to achieve this stance...

Hey guys I'm lowering my ride next week with Brabus springs and shocks and just wondering what size pads to get for a drop identical to this

This is how my ride looks right now. The rear sits about 1 finger gap lower than the front

Old 02-12-2010, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
You won't achieve a drop like that with Brabus springs. Brabus has the most conservative drop on the market for our cars. I used to have Brabus springs with the smallest size pads #1 and I was not happy with it so I cut a half coil to achieve the look I wanted. You may want to try the #1 pads and see if you like it but if you don't and you are against cutting springs I would suggest going with no pads at all or use the #1 pad but grind out the seat it sits in but keep the ring so that your spring doesn't move around.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
You won't achieve a drop like that with Brabus springs. Brabus has the most conservative drop on the market for our cars. I used to have Brabus springs with the smallest size pads #1 and I was not happy with it so I cut a half coil to achieve the look I wanted. You may want to try the #1 pads and see if you like it but if you don't and you are against cutting springs I would suggest going with no pads at all or use the #1 pad but grind out the seat it sits in but keep the ring so that your spring doesn't move around.
As CLKFAN said you wont get the look with the Brabus coils. I have cut my rear coil by half a turn and then ground my rear pads to nothing so the coil sticks through so it retains the centralisation of the rubber.. I used number 1 pad up front. The spacers help finish the look if you like a fat rear end. I have gone from 15mm rear recently to 18mm but I think I can squeaze on some 25mm as I have just had my rear arch lip rolled to allow for closer wheel travel.

Good luckl
A1EK
Old 02-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 430
Thanks for the replies guys.

Hey CLKFAN did you get at least an inch drop front and back and do you have pics of your car with the brabus springs installed?

Also since the 430 is heavier will that make a difference at all with the brabus springs?