CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

few issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
few issues

recently i've noticed that my window switches are not as responsive, some times i press them and they don't do anything and after a couple of tries they work fine. or they stop halfway down and i have to let the switch go and press it again. also my turn signal sometimes just stay on without blinking or it doesn't blink after i turn the turn signal on and after about 1 second they come on. also my windshield viper freezes for about 2 seconds and then goes back to normal movement in the high speed viper option and i just did the greesing so i know it's not that it's dry. could this all be re;lated to the main relay module in the fuse box in the engine bay.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
all ideas and opinions are welcomed.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and reprogram? My sunroof would not close all the way last year, that's what the dealer did to fix it.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by Williams707
Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and reprogram? My sunroof would not close all the way last year, that's what the dealer did to fix it.
fpr the sunroof and windows you can just reset them with the switches themselves no need for disconect and reconecting. what you do is open the window/sunroof all the way with just the regular open not auto open (first step of the switch not the second click)and then you click the switch to the second step(auto option) and you hold it for 10 secondsand the you close them with none auto option and then same thing you click the switch to the second click(auto option) and for sunroof you do it for the tilt as well. and thats the window and sunroof position reseting. but mine doesn't have that problem it seems like a relay is out because the switches feel like they loos connection and get connection back and it comes and goes it's not consistant. but thanks though i appreciate the idea now if i get a few other ideas i should be able to narrow it down to the problem.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Id try pulling the corresponding fuses and give em a good clean. Rainy season will make any buildup act up intermittently . Damn electrical gremlins!!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by bobbyjo9
Id try pulling the corresponding fuses and give em a good clean. Rainy season will make any buildup act up intermittently . Damn electrical gremlins!!
thank you for that idea i will try that, i also got the main relat assembly that sits inside the fuse box, so i will try both.