CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A few little problems with the 430, any help will be appreciated!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
A few little problems with the 430, any help will be appreciated!

Hey Guys,

I recently noticed that when I'm driving, I constantly hear this sound coming from the rear right around where the cd changer is. It's a similar sound I hear when I unlock/lock my doors and open the trunk. Sometimes the noise is not there when I'm driving and other times it goes off every 5-10 sec and lasts about 2 sec and restarts again. The sound is very irritating and I want to finally take care of it! Any ideas what it could be? Vacuum Pump?

The second problem I'm having is with my taillights. I noticed a couple of days ago when I turned on my lights in the evening, my right taillight did not fully light up. I figured the bulb was possibly burned out, so I took it out and it seemed ok, but I bought new bulbs anyway. Put in the new bulb and it did not solve the problem. Then the next day, I noticed my left taillight did not want to fully light up either. But later on in the evening it lit up.

Basically, anyone know why my left one is on/off lighting up and my right one doesn't even with the new bulbs? Wiring possibly?

Here's the part of the taillight I'm talking about exactly;

Any help will be appreciated!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:18 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
RE: Lights....Those are rear fogs and only one side lights up. Perfectly normal.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 CLK55 AMG cabriolet
The sound could be the PSE vacuum module located on right side truck behind carpet near fuel tank. You may want to dig out this unit and reset it to try and supress noise. If that doesn't work, ebay used to have some used ones for sale.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM

BMW
Awesome, thank you guys!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:56 AM

2002 clk 430
thats funny one day my car started making a humming noise every time my power locks were opened or closed and i noticed my trunk would have delayed opening and closing while the humming would be going on it is annoying when i need the trunk but i havnt fixed it yet and are u guys sure the back light were she pointed out is suppose to be like that because my lights look like that at night i was gonna replace the bulbs