CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HElP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
HElP

hey guys, I am in urgent help. So long story short, my coolant hose, or the radiator hose that connects to the engine(3.2L) completely blew out and I barely made home from the gas station. Now my question is how much am I looking at? I am not gonna lie, when I saw my rear view mirror, i saw white smokes puffing out of my exhaust. and the engine temp almost reached the redline..... I hope i didnt destroy the engine??????
Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
Hopefully the smoke was from coolant burning off the exhaust manifold. other than the over heating did the engine seem to be running poorly? any CEL lights? if it was running poorly then perhaps you got some coolant into cylinders. I sure hope not for your sake. don't know what to say other than get it to a competent mechanic via the tow truck a.s.a.p. good luck and may the force be with you.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Since you did not hit the red line, I doubt that you also lost your head gasket You saw collant smoke caused when the leak hit the exhaust manifold. Get the hose replaced (an easy diy) and add coolant. Open the bleed screw to let any trapped air out of the system. Watch the temp, if it goes up, blled again (usually air working its way out of sysytem. Good luck