CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Resynchronizing convertible top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Resynchronizing convertible top

So I was driving and stopped at a red light and wanted to raise the top. I was at a dead stop and the light turned green and I instinctively and stupidly started rolling forward. Top was midway in the close cycle, stopped, and the warning chime started going off. So I pulled over, tried to close/open the top and no go. Roll bars still worked, and the only thing the cycle needed to complete was for the rear panel with the glass to latch down, and I could lock the top with the window brow.

I remembered someone saying they just hit the "lower" button on the roll bar when they were this far along in the cycle and it locked down--sure enough, I tried it and the rear glass locked into the decklid and I locked the top down. Only problem is now the top is completely inoperable, roll bars still work, and the top button blinks slowly. I doubt anything broke so I'm guessing I just need to resynch the top. Does anyone know the specific procedure for our cars? I think it's something like this:

1.) Turn key to position 2 and roll all four windows all the way up; lower each one using the non-auto mode and when they are all the way down, depress button all the way and hold for 3 seconds.

2.) Turn key to position 0 then back to position 2 and depress convertible top button down for 5 seconds.

Is this right? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Well, took it to MB Sacramento and they diagnosed and fixed it for half hour's worth of work.

One of the limit switches was out of wack, SA manually adjusted it and cleared the code for the misplaced switch. I think it's safe to say that if your roll bar work and your top is not, check the hydraulic pump and all the limit switches and ensure your windows are sync'd.