CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need to change foglight bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2003 | 10:38 PM

Need to change foglight bulb

Hi,

I need to change my foglight bulb on my 99 clk320, can someone give me instructions on how this is done. thanx in advance.
Old 03-28-2003 | 10:59 PM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Just changed mine two day's ago.. this is what i did.

1. Jack up the car on the side you want to work on. It easier if you can se what you are doing.
2. Remove 4 screws (phillips) from splash guard under the fog lamp.
3. Remove plastic snap on backing from fog light assembly. This is a 3" oval piece that protects the bulb from water/dirt ect.
4. Remove electrical connection from bulb. (easier than trying to do it once the bulb is out of housing)
5. Unclip old bulb from fog lamp housing.
6. Reverse steps.

GOOD LUCK.. Should only take you about 5 min per side.
Russ
Old 03-28-2003 | 11:54 PM

I've done it about 100 times, and russdog is right on the money.
Problem being that most 'white' bulbs out there use high voltage, so they die quite rapidly due to power shortness I believe..

or maybe I'm the only one with that problem?
Old 03-29-2003 | 07:08 PM

MB
Originally posted by Babak
I've done it about 100 times, and russdog is right on the money.
Problem being that most 'white' bulbs out there use high voltage, so they die quite rapidly due to power shortness I believe..

or maybe I'm the only one with that problem?
Babak: how often do you change the bulbs for the fog lights? Do you know where you can get those white bulbs for the fog lights?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2003 | 08:22 PM

My bulbs would be fine for about 3-4 weeks (sometimes even longer) till either one of them went out and I got the 'bulb light failure' message on the dash. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused since most of these white bulbs have much higher wattage than what comes with the car, and the car isnt properly wired to handle the extra watts.

I got mine from downtown LA (many diffrent brands, farrenheits(sp) being my favorite), but you can get them from just about anywhere (ebay, etc)
Old 03-30-2003 | 10:31 AM

MB
Wowww.. if changing the stock fog lights bulbs requires you to change them every month, I wouldn't consider even consider it to change the stock bulbs. :-)

A friend of mine, he changed his stock fog bulbs into the white bulbs, and he seems pretty happy with it (he has been having them for like a year or so).

Solihin