CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is it ok to steam clean my engine ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
Is it ok to steam clean my engine ?

Is it ok to steam clean my engine when I have my CLK detailed?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 320, 2000, Silver/Blk
I have a friend that had this service done in his BMW.....he swore up & down for like 2 weeks that he had water in his brake lines.....i mean if really didnt seem right...brakes just didnt work well...his BMW was only like 2 months old & maybe 1,500 miles....

i have never had my engine *professionally* cleaned...but here is what i do.....

I use the castrol *purple stuff* dilute about 5:1 (water:purple stuff) spray down the engine really well, let it sit for about 7-10 min....and rise off with garden hose...

IMPORTANT tips......

dont let the solution of water & purple stuff get on your paint.....they dont work well together....what i do it lather up the winshiled & front fnders really well with really soapy water

i have my engine running when i spray the solution on & when i am rinsing it off & let the engine run for a good 10-15 min. after i have finsihed spraying down.

DONT use the garden hose at a high pressure, light to medium is all you need....if u have a lot of dirt, crap stuck under there, lossen by hand & rinse out...this process might take a few times...

again this is what i do & under my hood looks better than the day it rolled off the line....

my $0.02 for the day.

Ric
Old 04-08-2003, 04:38 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
I've had many detail jobs done to my cars over the years and they all included steam cleaning the engine, never had any problems...

So i guess it depends on who does the cleaning...