CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

1999 clk 430 starting issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 clk 430
1999 clk 430 starting issues

Hi i am new to this forum and first want to say What's Up MBWorld!!!

I have tried to start my car on several occasions, all it does is keep turning like it isn't getting fuel to start. I tried testing to see if the fuel pump was still working by having my son turn the key while i listen from the hood and the pump seems to be working. My original thought was the CPS which i've read tons of threads about. My battery went dead the next day and i had Roadside Service come out to jump it. The car did the same as before just kept turning but not firing up. I was told by a mechanic at the MB Dealership that the CPS wouldn't be the problem because even with a bad CPS it will fire up after a computer reset and will have to reset the computer everytime i shut the car off. I also took the battery to Autozone had it charged and everything was fine, came back tried to crank it again did the same thing, just keeps turning and not firing up. And about 15 min later i came back to try it one more time and the battery once again was dead. MB Roadside came out checked it and said the battery was fine just needed to recharge. But that still didn't give me any answers for getting my car started.

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.