CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Changed the CPS, what's else can it be?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 clk 430
Changed the CPS, what's else can it be?

What's up MBWorld? I am actually gaining some valuable knowledge from you all on here. I was able to change my Crank position sensor with no problem thanks to this forum. Unfortunately that wasn't what was keeping my 1999 Clk 430 from not starting. I have been reading up on more threads on here and i am thinking that it can now be ignition coil pack problem, maybe the cam position sensor. Now i am having an issue with the steering lock. the key has to be placed in with a quick turn to the left then right to get it to unlock. My battery seems to die down overnight. i pulled a spark plug wire and tried to start it and it wasn't getting any sparks. I am willing to change out everything that i can actually change myself before taking it to the Dealership or a ShadeTree Mechanic who likes to markup parts 50% and charge about $10 less an hour than the Stealership..lol i got that one from some of you all here on MBWorld.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.