CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 430 headlight questions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW GTI
CLK 430 headlight questions..

Ok, so ive never worked with Mercedes, but i have a good past with working with volkswagens, so the work is not much different.

Im helping my boss who has a 2000 clk430 that has the xenon package.
He received a a pair of the depo headlights, and we know they are halogen based projectors, but we are thinking of doing an hid kit in them to still have xenons. Pic for reference(http://racingguys.onlinera.com/440-1147PXNDAM2.jpg)

what were confused about, is there is a black harness in between the low beam and high beam sections, and we are curious as to what thats for. (headlight washers?) because there are 3 harnesses that need to be plugged in, and the new headlights have only 2. Anyone know what thats for?

Also, if we do run the headlights without plugging in that third connection, will there be any error lights on the dash.

I will have pics of the back of the new headlight unit, but they are on my phone so i will post those soon. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000, CLK320 Cabriolet
In my CLK320 and when I fitted these Depo headlights I had the air-pump hose going to the factory headlights for auto-levelling. This is not being used on the Depo lights, so I am assuming that if your mate's CLK430 has headlight washers from the factory on the bumper, this 3rd harness would ne for the headlight washers. Not sure if this will generate a fault if not used, but you could always try.