CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 430 cabriolet
Front Bumper

Okay, I cracked my bumper about two years ago. Of course, to place a new one from dealership was 1200 to 1500 dollars. A friend suggested VIS, which I ordered from last year based on the pic they had of the car....BIG MISTAKE. I get a European style bumper with holes in it for sensors AND a completely different fog light system. When I called them, their response was that I should of called them for a pic of what it would look like instead of looking at the pic that they have for that item number of the car...Said that they just post a generic pic of the car bumper on and do that for most of their bumpers. Then his comment was--"But it fits real good" I go to their site now and I guess they decided to change their system somewhat and now they have a pic of different bumpers in their black primer.....

Anyway, I found another site and spoke to them extensively. They stated they have one for my car (430CLK 2001)--same fog lights. I just need to modify it for the jets for headlight washer which entails cutting a small hole in each side which should not be a big deal. I will post pics if it works since I could not find anywhere on this forum about getting a bumper that fits....
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 430
I still need a bumper for my 2000 430. care to point me in a direction?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 AM

We all need new bumpers...everyone breaks em'
Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 PM

clk 430 cabriolet
one response

Well after going back and forth...On the telephone, customer service rep told me it is exactly like your bumper...but wanting to make sure they send a pic of the bumper, I finally got this response today from ilovebodykits.com

"We just took a look in our warehouse and the bumper indeed, all have the sensor holes and fog light holes are as you have pictured. We’re definitely not in the business to trick any customers, hence we want to be as upfront as possible. Have you thought about using the newer fog lights? They should be acquirable without incurring too much of an expense. "

amazing....I will keep searching and am glad I did not take their word for it last week.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 AM

2002 CLK430 coupe
Mine is severly damaged and I have lost a fog light somewhere here in the desert lol. I found a site that has a fair variety of options for us. I spoke to them personally over the phone and their parts do infact match. The pictures posted on their site are what you will actually be receiving when purchasing from them.

Heres the link: http://www.myhotmercedes.com/Mercede...nt_Bumper/2002

Also, I would advise all to stay away from fiberglass bumpers as they do not flex when you pull up to close on a parking block therefore cracking the damn thing. Go with Urethane as they give and flex without breaking. More expensive but worth it.

Last edited by Evil Ernie; 03-23-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM

2000 clk430 amg
hey everyone. i am from canada and ran into the same problem. i was looking for months and finally found one on ebay.
its better for the people in the US becuase the company that i bought from will only ship greyhound. lucky i have family in the US. here is the link to there store so keep an eye for them. i would suggest this company to anyone they are awsome and easy to deal with. i payed 460us shipping from cali to montana.
http://stores.ebay.com/gm-autoparts1000
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM

2 55s
Why not brand new OEM bumper? They are about $500-$600
For example: http://www.mercedespartscenter.com/p...layCatalogid=0

The strip is about $100.
http://www.mercedespartscenter.com/p...layCatalogid=0
Old 03-23-2011, 04:43 PM

2002 CLK430 coupe
Originally Posted by pnsji
Why not brand new OEM bumper? They are about $500-$600
For example: http://www.mercedespartscenter.com/p...layCatalogid=0

The strip is about $100.
http://www.mercedespartscenter.com/p...layCatalogid=0
CLK Mercedes OEM bumpers are fiberglass and are prone to craking and are unable to flex with the car. I personally am going with a urethane aftermarket for actually a bit less.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM

2 55s
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
CLK Mercedes OEM bumpers are fiberglass and are prone to craking and are unable to flex with the car. I personally am going with a urethane aftermarket for actually a bit less.
This is new to me. Can anyone confirm that the oem bumper is fiberglass?

And which urethane aftermarket do you use? how is the fitment?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 AM

2002 CLK430 coupe
I'm not sure if they are all like mine but mine is the AMG style front bumper made out of fiberglass, plastic, and flex resin. Little more durable than regular fiberglass but still not as good as urethane. I was looking at the Vis Racing "Eurotech GT" urethane front bumper for mine.