CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Newbie - Repair advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
emj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430 AMG
Newbie - Repair advice needed

Hello,
I'm new to the forum - looks like a great bunch of folks here.

I have an '01 CLK 430 AMG. Have had it for about a year and a half - great car! I need to repair a few things and was hoping for some help and advice.

1. Wheel bearing repair for driver's side front - What's a reasonable repair cost? And can you recommend a good wrench in the northern Virginia area. Trying to avoid the dealer if possible and I think doing it myself may be too much of a hassle.

2. Cracked OEM AMG fog light - $190 from dealer, OEM. Have found several aftermarket online that seem to match but I'm concerned about proper fitment from the universal brands. Anyone have a brand they can recommend?

3. Front bumper cover - Have found several threads on this issue here. Recommended brand? Have found several aftermarket brands but again, have heard of many fitment issues.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM

2 55s
emj,

I found $113 each from this online store:
http://www.mbzwholesaleparts.com/par...layCatalogid=0
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 AM
emj

2001 CLK 430 AMG
pnsji: Thanks for the help. Found a shop (Thanks to the guys here on this board) that will be able to get me a replacement lens for like $20 -$25. I'll post how it works out.

Same shop will assess the repairs needed. Dropping the car off tonight.

Thanks again!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 AM
emj

2001 CLK 430 AMG
Originally Posted by emj
Hello,
I'm new to the forum - looks like a great bunch of folks here.

I have an '01 CLK 430 AMG. Have had it for about a year and a half - great car! I need to repair a few things and was hoping for some help and advice.

1. Wheel bearing repair for driver's side front - What's a reasonable repair cost? And can you recommend a good wrench in the northern Virginia area. Trying to avoid the dealer if possible and I think doing it myself may be too much of a hassle.

2. Cracked OEM AMG fog light - $190 from dealer, OEM. Have found several aftermarket online that seem to match but I'm concerned about proper fitment from the universal brands. Anyone have a brand they can recommend?

3. Front bumper cover - Have found several threads on this issue here. Recommended brand? Have found several aftermarket brands but again, have heard of many fitment issues.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
BTW: Here's a picture of the car (Sorry, bad iPhone picture) as I know it's usually customary to post a picture in your first thread...
Attached Thumbnails Newbie - Repair advice needed-iphone-pics-2-2011-352.jpg