CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Kompressor not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011 | 07:56 AM

w208
Kompressor not working

Hi

I have a CLK 230 W208 (2000 model) in Automatic.
Yesterday after driving I randomly suffered from loss of power. The car wouldn't accelerate as usual.

I noticed the whine from the kompressor had disappeared.

When I parked the car and popped the hood I saw that on the serpentine belt that the kompressor wasn't spinning. When I revved the car the kompressor span a bit then stopped. Seems like it was slipping.

The serpentine belt seems solid. Hardly any movement but could this still need a replace. Or could it be the kompressor clutch that needs to be replaced. Or is it something else?

Any advice would be helpful
Old 06-10-2011 | 07:29 AM

'87 500SL '99 CLK230K 05 JEEP Grand Cherokee
Originally Posted by allawy
Hi

I have a CLK 230 W208 (2000 model) in Automatic.
Yesterday after driving I randomly suffered from loss of power. The car wouldn't accelerate as usual.

I noticed the whine from the kompressor had disappeared.

When I parked the car and popped the hood I saw that on the serpentine belt that the kompressor wasn't spinning. When I revved the car the kompressor span a bit then stopped. Seems like it was slipping.

The serpentine belt seems solid. Hardly any movement but could this still need a replace. Or could it be the kompressor clutch that needs to be replaced. Or is it something else?

Any advice would be helpful
I thought that was normal operation, mine (99 230K) only engages when I increase revs.