CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

window does not roll up all the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
window does not roll up all the way

my battery died out and now my window does not roll up all the way when i turn off my car and close the door. it roll down about 3/4 of it and keep it down. however when i drive the car or start up the car i can roll it up all the way.. what happen? please help
Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by clean_w208
my battery died out and now my window does not roll up all the way when i turn off my car and close the door. it roll down about 3/4 of it and keep it down. however when i drive the car or start up the car i can roll it up all the way.. what happen? please help
lol....! sounds like you need to recync the car, dont worry this is normal when your battery dies or you replace it. There is a start up prceddure you need to follow in order for the windows and other elctrics to function properly. You will probably also find you have an ABS or ETS warning light on the dash too? I had a quick look and found this for you below, it should cover all your points:

Synchronizing Head Restraints:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery
disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no
longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds.

Synchronizing power windows:

disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or
closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press <close> side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored.

Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof:

disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and
hold for additional 1 second.

Synchronizing ESP:

disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction
indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine
running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out.

Synchronizing remote control:

The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if
the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock.
The remote control should once again be operational