CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

alarm module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
alarm module

hey everyone. hope all are doing well. havent posted much lately due to work being super busy. I finally started gathering parts for my 320 to 55 upgrade. I pickedup the TCU, ECU, Igntion that goes with ECU(due to coding reasons i took them both off the same car), ESP BAS module. my car is a 99 and i am upgrading to to the 55 which came 2001-2003. my questions are as follows;

1. i took a engine harness off of a clk 430 which i tought are the same as the 55 but the connectors dont fit the ECU off of the 55. Could this be because the engine harness is off of a older 430 or is the 55 engine harness compeletly different than the 430?

2. i was going to use mu existing ESP BAS module, would i be able to do that or do i have to use the new one? because the harness is different?

3. is there a module that the key is code specific to for the door lock and unlock or is it just the ecu, if there is a seperate module can you please tell me where it is?

4. there are 4 harnesses that go from the ecu through the fire wall and then behinde the dash can any one tell me where those plug into? do they go to the SAM unit?

5. the all the wiring inside the car on the side pockets that run toward the back and also attach to the door panels, do they have anything to do with the ecu or are they all connected to the SAM unit?

any help wouuld be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Ash
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2008 G55 AMG
I am sorry I cannot be of much help Ash, but this is a project I will be doing in the up coming years, So if this is something your going to keep well documented and updated on the forums, I am sure many of us would be very grateful, and appreciative. Wish you the best of luck with it, and hope it all goes smooth as possible, considering what a tough project this is.