CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is there a way to upgrade analog tele aide on MY '00 CLK to mbrace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes CLK 320
Is there a way to upgrade analog tele aide on MY '00 CLK to mbrace?

From what I can tell Mercedes didn't offer a way to upgrade analog Tele aide on MY '00 cars to digital Tele aide. Has anything changed now that there's mbrace? I didn't use Tele aide very much when I had it but it was really nice knowing it was there if I needed it. I subscribed every year it was available.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
mBrace is crap. I got a 2007 E63 and basically none of the features even work. I was told my Navi is too old. Uh, 3 years is too old? Then I went to cancel and they told me I wouldn't get a refund. Why? Because due to the fact that they couldn't figure out their own accounting system, they put the 3 free months at the end of the period. And look, you made several calls to our service. Yeah, that was to tell you that it wasn't working. From what I hear, even the newer cars have issues with it. Save your money.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 Cabrio 2001
Yes you can; I did it and it works great!

Originally Posted by pboswald
From what I can tell Mercedes didn't offer a way to upgrade analog Tele aide on MY '00 cars to digital Tele aide. Has anything changed now that there's mbrace? I didn't use Tele aide very much when I had it but it was really nice knowing it was there if I needed it. I subscribed every year it was available.
You just have to purchase a digital motorola box to replace the analog one. Easy install but, alot of bolts to remove.

The teleaid box is between the rear seat-back and the metal sheild in the trunk; on the right side. There are about 12 bolts that hold on that sheild. If you have a cabrio like I do, its a good time to check for leaks in your hydraulic unit.

Look on ebay and you will find new or used digital unit.

After you install it you will have to go to your dealer to activate; if they are nice they will only charge you 30 mintues labor.

After they activate it call MBRACE and get service. I still think they have the $295 LifeTime offer going on now.

SirSwift93