CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Installing LED's Everywhere ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes CLK430
Installing LED's Everywhere ???

Hey guys,

I am in the process of changing my dash from the yellow/orange color to pure white. I have all the globes on the way.
Does anyone know if you can also change the climate control and radio lights ?
Or any have instructions on how to do it or the very least how to remove the climate control and radio ?

Thanks...
Old 09-10-2011, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk55
Not a benz but you get the idea http://g35driver.com/forums/lighting...-56k-haha.html

Post pics when your done I am going to do the same this winter also where did you get your leds from and what model are you doing this too
Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 "The Diplomat" W211
LED Lights

I replaced all the interior and exterior lights on my w211 E500 with LEDs and ran into some complications. Im not sure if it would happen with your year and model but my car kinda flipped out and was difficult. first of all the car knows that the bulbs are not factory so I had warning lights going off until i found an led bulb that fit. Unfortunately every area of the car will only work with a certain bulb type. Example: there are 3 lights in my trunk. two on the sides and one up top. They all use the same halogen # bulb but only the side two would accept the leds. The one on top refused to accept anything but halogen. The licence plate lights were a nightmare and so were the side markers and parking lights. with every light replaced (minus 1) there are 8 different types of bulbs in my car and 4 different brands, there should only be around 4 or 5 bulb types. Not to mention different colors and quirky lighting issues. The LEDs I installed under the doors do not ever turn off like they should. They are on the whole time I am driving. Weird. They look good though. Check out my profile for pics of the complete setup.