CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

how often to replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
how often to replace

hey everyone i had another suspension question, ive been rebuilding the complete suspension setup on my car and i did everything in the front and i did the rear subframe bushings and the rear lower control arm bushings, i need to replace the bushings on the knockles and i was wondering if i should replace the rear tie rods, thrust trailing arm and the front top arm but not the rear arm because i have ghost riders camber kit which replaced that. none of them are bent or have any damage i just dont know how often those bushings go bad on those arms and the tie rod(the rear). my car has been swerving in the back at higher freeway speeds and i think it may have something to do with the alignment but i want to change every necessary part before getting my alignment done.

also another question: i just repaced my motor mounts about a month and a half ago and the car still shakes bad at idle what could that be?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
hey everyone i had another suspension question, ive been rebuilding the complete suspension setup on my car and i did everything in the front and i did the rear subframe bushings and the rear lower control arm bushings, i need to replace the bushings on the knockles and i was wondering if i should replace the rear tie rods, thrust trailing arm and the front top arm but not the rear arm because i have ghost riders camber kit which replaced that. none of them are bent or have any damage i just dont know how often those bushings go bad on those arms and the tie rod(the rear). my car has been swerving in the back at higher freeway speeds and i think it may have something to do with the alignment but i want to change every necessary part before getting my alignment done.

also another question: i just repaced my motor mounts about a month and a half ago and the car still shakes bad at idle what could that be?
Ash, can't help you much on the suspension parts but I'm pretty sure bushings are just replaced as needed. If they're cracking or tearing, then replace.

For the car shaking at idle, look into spark plugs and possibly the wires.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
thanks for the reply twin, is there a way to ckeck the wires? i also noticed when i'm at idle and i turn the steering wheel or when i'm driving and i come to an stop the car shakes, its almost like when a human gets the chills.